What is this rear wiring harness from?????

-

440nika

Reaction score
Hi, I just purchased this thinking I was buying a rear wiring harness for a 70' Dart Swinger but it's not. I know from the connectors it's from an older mopar maybe same time era but not my Dart. All the rear light sockets are seperate (the two outer rear light sockets are 2 wire and the socket closest to center of the car is is 1 wire), there are three wires that enter trunk area that are all singal wires. The rear side marker and gas guage wires are pretty obvious. Any help will be greatly appreciated and if anyone needs this harness please feel free to ask LOL. Thanks Dave

IMG_0937.jpg

IMG_0938.JPG

IMG_0939.JPG

IMG_0940.JPG

IMG_0941.JPG

Hey Guys, I see after quite a few have checked this harness out, still no luck. Let me ask this does anyone want to take an educated guess and maybe if I can get a few of the same opinions I can research further from there. I'm not going to use this but man am I curious now. I have never seen anything you guys couldn't answer on this site LOL. Thanks for checking it out Dave!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the single wires could be for the trunk light. If I remember correctly the rear harness runs from the left kick panel back along the left side under the carpet trim and thru to the trunk. Somewhere back toward the trunk the dome light feeds off and that is actually 2 wires (hot and ground). Dble wire plugs are turn/tail, single wire plugs are backup. Probably a feed from the tail lights for the tag light. It probably isn't a 67 or older since the 67 backup lights were in the rear bumper and the 66 down, to the bast of my knowledge, didn't have a trunk light (a bodies anyway). I've mixed and matched wiring harnesses from 68-75 and the only headache is that ma changed wire colors about every 2 years.

-
Back