FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
1971 Duster what is the tube behind the gas filler pipe? Thanks

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 252
That's the portasnorkle vent.

Looks to big to be any kind of drain,... or vent for that matter,...Is it welded in?

It's part of the emissions deal that was on every 1971 Mopar car in some shape or form and all 1970 California Mopars.

The Factory Service Manual has more description of it.

There's about 4 hoses on the bottom of that. One of the ports is connected to the vent line that runs the body, goes up the passenger fender and connects with the 3 nipple valve cover breather.

Actually, that was going to be the location of the side gas fill tube because they were going to use the Duster for NASCAR. They had to make so many for the public.

stfu. I offer tons of helpful info here instead of random guesses

Wasn't a random guess.. It wasn't a sure answer but it was something that I have heard and was trying to give input. I don't know what your issue is. I'm just trying to help once in a while and you seem to always have a problem with me.

Wasn't a random guess.. It wasn't a sure answer but it was something that I have heard and was trying to give input. I don't know what your issue is. I'm just trying to help once in a while and you seem to always have a problem with me.

i laugh , even though its not a laughing matter , that if you tell people that's a gas tank vent tube , even though you don't really know, and they believe you , then they route their ACTUAL vent tube up through the trunk floor into the car , thinking that's how it is supposed to be , then they light a cigarette , BOOM up goes the car and their LIFE. you would never run a gas tank vent tube INTO the vehicle

i laugh , even though its not a laughing matter , that if you tell people that's a gas tank vent tube , even though you don't really know, and they believe you , then they route their ACTUAL vent tube up through the trunk floor into the car , thinking that's how it is supposed to be , then they light a cigarette , BOOM up goes the car and their LIFE. you would never run a gas tank vent tube INTO the vehicle

Ok. Well sorry I was trying to give some input. I don't know where the tube goes. Just I was reading a thread and heard someone say that it was a vent for air. Sorry I don't know EVERYTHING about a bodies at this age. And I'm so sorry to whoever else you have dealt with in this way.

oops did I open a can of worms or what?just asked a question d55dave my answer to you is port alberni on vancouver island and to all that replied I thank you

oops did I open a can of worms or what?just asked a question d55dave my answer to you is port alberni on vancouver island and to all that replied I thank you

Lol no can of worms opened. Everyone here is just trying to help weather people like it or not

Here's a pic of the system

Thanx for the great pic Z,...First I ever seen of that, I had a 70 Duster with a 318 and a 3 on the floor when I lived in SoCal , an I don't remember seein that,....but I was younger and usually under the influence back then....

-
Back