!!!!What is your opinion of the condition of gears in this 4 speed!!!!!! PICS INSIDE

-
Going back to the garage to finish pulling the 727. I will check back here later tonight.

You probably already know, but the pics don't load.

Wear areas on the sides of the shift forks look worn out and should be replaced. Also you need to take the gear clusters apart to check the syncros which you'll probably also find in need of replacement.JMO

I went on the brewers site to look for the shift forks. I saw a refurbished bronze shift fork and all the others are steel. Are the steel replacements the way to go? Or should I look for the bronze forks?

Those dog teeth are worn. There's no fixing that other than with new gears. Obviously you would also need new synchro's.

Good luck,

Antoon

I am not up to speed yet on all the 4 speed language. When you say dog teeth I am assuming you mean the small teeth gears beside the synchros?

Looks like someone missed 4th gear a couple of dozen times. The input shaft, 3rd/4th slider and fork will probably need to be replaced. The rest of the trans looks OK from what I can see, it looks like it still has some meat on the rest of the syncros.

I am going to take a few more pictures and post them. I think the camera flash is making things look worse than they are. I will post them tomorrow.

TheDeputy nails it.
Maybe this will help. Pointier is better. Rounded is bad.

Attachments

• Gearz.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 279
Damn it. Guess I need to call Brewers and see if he has that gear. Bet that one will cost me.

-
Back