What kind and how much rear differential fluid

-

nick455440

Reaction score
What kind and how much rear differential fluid in a early a 7.25? Thanks

80-90w conventional. Fill it up till it pours out of the fill plug as car is level. 2 2-1/2 quarts sounds about right.

Unlikely, but if it's a suregrip (they did make them) be sure to put the friction modifier in it.

The Ferd stuff works well in them.

Since you are in FL I would use 85W140, Walmart sells it in their brand in qts or gals. The more it stinks the better it is IMO.

I just rebuilt my 489 case suregrip, Cas aka Dr. Diff sent me a bottle of GM friction modifier. That stuff smelled worse that a turd covered in burnt hair. My God it stunk up the shop for 5 days. Nasty, nasty stuff.

And the 8 3/4 suregrips take about 2 quarts. The 7.25 I doubt takes anywhere near that.

I just rebuilt my 489 case suregrip, Cas aka Dr. Diff sent me a bottle of GM friction modifier. That stuff smelled worse that a turd covered in burnt hair. My God it stunk up the shop for 5 days. Nasty, nasty stuff.

And the 8 3/4 suregrips take about 2 quarts. The 7.25 I doubt takes anywhere near that.

If you would have ever smelled Mexican gear oil you would have been immune. :D

Imagine the nastiest, smelliest sweatiest, stinky SOB you ever met and then imagine sticking your nose in his arm pit for a big ol whiff.

That's about how it smells, and it sticks around for days like you said.

-
Back