what kind of cars do we have?

-

ramenth

Gratis persona
Reaction score
Okay, I've been here a while, been posting some too, and getting to notice some familiar names and the cars that go with the names, but I haven't really posted what I own. I've introduced Jamison and his A-body (pics are coming if his mom will download them from the camera) but haven't introduced myself, really or what brings me to A-BodiesOnly.
I've been around Mopars since I was ten and learn what I've learned about them the hard way: by working on 'em. I'm a former body man of 15 years, doing general collision, frame work, and owned my own restoration shop for five years until my partner, my father, retired for good. The work load was too much for one guy, so I finished everything up and got out too. I've since started turning a wrench and went on to work for Ford, being OBDII certified as well as a host of other Ford certs. But still a Mopar guy.
My first car was a '76 Charger with a 318 that was the ugliest yellow and green beast that you'd ever see, but it was mine and I loved it. I then graduated to my one true car love: a '69 Sport Satellite 4-door 383/4bbl 727 that Pop gave $300 and a blown 454 for. I still have it.
Also in the stable: '74 Barracuda that will get the the new aluminum Mopar RB block and XV suspension; a '78 Ford F250 that my grandad bought new, gave to my Pop and I got from him; an '82 Diplomat built 360/727; my '89 Ramcharger 318 TBI/4speed, and my wife's '02 Hyundai XG350. Along the way I've owned a host of other Mopars, including a bunch of F-bodies, another handful of M-bodies, a couple of A-bodies, and even a K-car.
Why do I come to the A-body forum? Because A-body owners are real people. Working guys like me, putting toys together. I've been around fellow E-body owners and for the most part they can snobs. "Look, I've got this Hemi powered one of none painted this color with this option and this, blah, blah, blah..." So my '74 isn't some rare Hemi or 440 car and so I didn't pay gazillions for it (actually it was given to me..) B-body guys can go either way, from simple 318 owners driving that Belverdere wagon to rare Hemi car owners and usually include a good mix. But still something lacking.
So there it is: that's what's in my stable. No A-bodies. I'd like to get to know all better by screenname, and as a car guy I usually do that by associating cars with owners.

-
Back