What kind of headlights do you folks use?

-

scott2683

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade the headlights in my duster. I've adjusted them, but I still can't see very well at night. I'm not really wanting to switch over to HID's although that would probably be the brightest option. Just wondered what kind of upgrades you guys have done.

Relays is one of the first things you should consider, along with going through the headlight wiring from the switch, through the bulkhead and dimmer switch, and the sockets and grounds out front

Check battery charging voltage, as well as headlight voltage AT the headlights.

I'm running "cheap ol" Sylvania halogen sealed beams, because (LOL) I got 6 of em for free out of junkers. They work amazingly well WHEN you get proper operating voltage to em!!!!

then 67Dart273 shocks us all with the breaking news that he doesn't like me,

Cibies.

Quick way to get up to speed on modern lighting options is to go to Daniel Stern Lighting and read everything on the website. Some good threads here on FABO too, and Dan chimes in with his expertise on most or all of them.

Might want to start there, probably not even close to battery voltage at your headlights right now.

Thanks for the advice, I'll start there and see where it takes me!

I have H4 with Amber directional signal lights built inside the headlights. I found that persons never see your directional signals when they are low, but they'll never forget your headlights...

Cibies.

Quick way to get up to speed on modern lighting options is to go to Daniel Stern Lighting and read everything on the website. Some good threads here on FABO too, and Dan chimes in with his expertise on most or all of them.

yep. I have all of Mr Sterns equipment on my 68 cuda. Fused Relays and the bulbs and housings he recommended. Its bright as any modern car. There are no real good HID kits out there unless your spending 600 plus.

Hella H4's that I got off a junked '71 F250, with Sylvania bulbs

Think I'm going to try Slantsixdans wiring fix. I have the relay's in the tool
box. Just a matter of a wire harness to adapt.
Got these on the car. thought I'd have more light. About the same as a
regular halogen sealed beam.

Attachments

• -small (2).jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 137
-
Back