What Lower Ball Joint Do I Need?

-

GoFish

Have impressive member
Reaction score
I'm in the midst of the Mopar Action disc brake swap, but with the update for Viper calipers. This requires the use of '73 or later A-body drum brake spindles. Anyone got any idea what lower ball joints will fit?

I'm using '75 Dart drum brake spindles. I ordered lower ball joints from Just Suspension, and they don't fit...

I'm in the midst of the Mopar Action disc brake swap, but with the update for Viper calipers. This requires the use of '73 or later A-body drum brake spindles. Anyone got any idea what lower ball joints will fit?

I'm using '75 Dart drum brake spindles. I ordered lower ball joints from Just Suspension, and they don't fit...

are you sure they use the drum brake spindle? i thought they used the disc? well either way order for the spindles. were the 75 dart ones 10"?

According to the Moog book, 73 and up were part #K-781 / right and #K-783 / left. No mention of disc or drum being different in the catalog for those years. Maybe if you have drum brake spindles, it's the earlier style ball joint.

If your drum brake spindles are from 72 and prior Moog part #'s are K785 / left and K787 / right.

Hmmm...Well the Viper disc conversion definitely calls for the drum spindle. I'll have to measure to see how tall.

Of course, the ball joints from Just Suspension aren't Moog parts. guess I'll call tomorrow to see what he says.

Thanks, guys.

Hmmm...Well the Viper disc conversion definitely calls for the drum spindle. I'll have to measure to see how tall.

Of course, the ball joints from Just Suspension aren't Moog parts. guess I'll call tomorrow to see what he says.

Thanks, guys.

its not how tall, its what size drums came off that spindle since 9 and 10 in are different spindles.

js should be able to cross reference the part #'s.

-
Back