what make/brand is this dist

-

Rapid Robert

Reaction score
SB electronic dist with a "standard" brand black HEI module mounted on the alum plate under the dist. has DST 3890 on the side and BL 17 12 underneath that. Bought from a member here but too far back to remember who. thank you for your time.

If it is a 4 pin module, it will be Bosch [ bent pins, all in a row ] or GM HEI straight pins, two at each end. Both are superior in spark energy to the Chrys ECU when used with an E core coil such as MSD #8207 & no ballast resistor reqd. 0.060" plug gaps.

Using my crystal ball, I believe it’s a WAIglobal DST3890 ignition distributor.

IMG_5619.jpeg

What I have been dealing with all morning! :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

SB electronic dist with a "standard" brand black HEI module mounted on the alum plate under the dist. has DST 3890 on the side and BL 17 12 underneath that. Bought from a member here but too far back to remember who. thank you for your time.
This?

Can nut that is it. I was unable to do a pic/camera is down. is this a cheapie or a quality unit?. I did notice that the small v notch where you use your small screwdriver to adj the tooth clearance is a mile off/unuseable.

Can nut that is it. I was unable to do a pic/camera is down. is this a cheapie or a quality unit?. I did notice that the small v notch where you use your small screwdriver to adj the tooth clearance is a mile off/unuseable.
Like they say, it's all Greek to me!

it appears to be an OK unit but the notch being off even tho that is a minor flaw it just got me thinking possibly about the quality of it. Dano I will run it till it is done. thanks guys

-
Back