• superbee ...plain trim.....383

Votes: 42 29.4%
  • leave it a 500 woody....383

Votes: 42 29.4%
  • R/T wagon ....premium sport trim ...440

Votes: 59 41.3%

• Total voters
-
I didn't vote because all wagons are cool as long as the paint is right, they're stance is right and they have the right wheels and tires. Here's a favorite of mine that was at the Farmington show this summer. tmm

Attachments

• 060302951402[00].jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 194
I was going to build a 69 Charger 500 wagon out of my 68 Satellite wagon. The problem is the cost of everything to make it look correct and the reworking you'll have to do to the doors and 1/4 panels, as the Chargers have completely different body lines. The other problem is how to make the tail lights and panel look "chargerlike" . Heres a thread to read:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=64201.0;all

Yes it can be done though.

I would leave it exactly as it is and put a big block with a 4 speed all detailed under the hood.

this is cool

I love this one it just looks stock but I but it would spank you at the red light. It would leave everyone saying I was just spanked by a woodie lol.

I could go sleeper car on it plain jane that thing out and make it a hot rod that just kills on the street or track. I like the 440 with a 4spd.

What about a 400 stroker motor?

I love wagons and I have been looking at a few that I would love to own. I found a 62 plymouth Savoy wagon I would love to buy.

It dont matter which option you take because what makes wagons cool is the people who drive them. Anybody can polish up a two door and make it go thump thump and ride around and act cool but it takes a certain kind of coolness to take a less than mainstream car or body style and jump in it and ride down the road smiling ear to ear and saying "look at me, I dont conform to your guidelines and I dont care". Thats what makes wagons cool. I've had a bunch of them. My first car was a 1968 Dodge Monaco wagon.Black/woodgrain with bucket seats and a 383 HiPo all original(I still have the window stickers) Anybody can take a Roadrunner out street racing and beat a few folks but when you kick their butts in a wagon they stand up and take notice.

Well said Chuck. I had a 66 Plymouth Wagon ....I had it FORSALE at the Mopar nats and there was this older man with a cane on a gulf cart. It took alot for this older man to walk up and look at the car. He could have just kept on driving by. He said he was not there to buy a car but he loved the car and we talked about a 1/2 hour. ....I bet if it was a two door hard top he would have just driven by and never stopped.

The wagon..... I don't know how to upload from YouTube
Can someone please go on YouTube and punch in 1966 Plymouth Belvedere station wagon . I went on there to look at other wagons and there was a video of me doing a burnout. I never knew I was being filmed

Attachments

• _facebook_-1832654326-1.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 106
  • _facebook95-650472030.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 102
  • _facebook_1342067024.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 100
It dont matter which option you take because what makes wagons cool is the people who drive them. Anybody can polish up a two door and make it go thump thump and ride around and act cool but it takes a certain kind of coolness to take a less than mainstream car or body style and jump in it and ride down the road smiling ear to ear and saying "look at me, I dont conform to your guidelines and I dont care". Thats what makes wagons cool. I've had a bunch of them. My first car was a 1968 Dodge Monaco wagon.Black/woodgrain with bucket seats and a 383 HiPo all original(I still have the window stickers) Anybody can take a Roadrunner out street racing and beat a few folks but when you kick their butts in a wagon they stand up and take notice.

well put and thanks for the encouragement boost ....i have taken a lot of heat from some of my friends for holding on to my wagon.......some of them ask me if im going to part it out.....and i always reply "why in the world would i do that to a decent rust-free car" and they always come back with "well its just a wagon". or other say "why would you want a 4 door" or i have even had people tell me that i am wasteing my time having it bcoz its not worth anything.

Despite the negative comments i still keep my cute wagon close by to me. LOL i am still going to keep and care for it. i have plenty of other cars that are 2 door hardtops and they get their fair share of the limelight...but your right nothing stands out like a classic wagon :prayer:

The wagon..... I don't know how to upload from YouTube
Can someone please go on YouTube and punch in 1966 Plymouth Belvedere station wagon . I went on there to look at other wagons and there was a video of me doing a burnout. I never knew I was being filmed

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YddWf3Th5DA"]1966 Plymouth Belvedere wagon burnout Shredd and Ragan Cruise Night 8/12/09 RodandPiston.com - YouTube[/ame]

:glasses7:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=k7-Sf2yGRyk"]Plymouth station wagon stick shift - YouTube[/ame]

Wow.......I am in love :love7:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=Q5_jNHxWcSw"]1972 440 Fury Wagon Video Show Car For Sale! - YouTube[/ame]

I applaud you for going your own way. When I was young I ws one of the few Mopar guys around. Most of my friends had Fords and Chevies and I caught a lot of flack for the cars I loved(and I still do from time to time!) Back in the 70's I bought a pristine 1966 Belvedere 4 door that was some old mans pride and joy and I installed a 426 Hemi in it with a 4.10 gear and some slicks.It had an automatic on the column with a B&M reverse manual valve body and a 3500 stall. It had the entire exhaust system all the way out the back with hemi mufflers and unless you knew what was in it(and nobody did) you really couldnt tell much about the car till it ate you up and spit you out. I used to sit around our cruising spot with all of the Camaros, Mustangs and Chevelles and kind of got looked down on for driving a 4 door. All of the girls wanted to ride around in the nice looking cars and did not want to be seen in mine. I kept my cool(and my secret about the engine) and picked off every car in that lot in a street race not to mention countless others who were just passing through. It wasnt long before they had no choice but to respect the Belvedere. I used to always tell them that real men drove 4 doors.Back then I had some nice rides, in high school I had a 69 1/2 Roadrunner with a 440-6 pack and 4.88 Dana. I had T/A Challengers and AAR Cuda's and several Hemi cars but the old 4 door still holds the best memories. To this day I still dream of owning a Lancer wagon with a killer small block but I'm just wierd like that.

I also like this site better than the b body site.... I know this is not the place to sell but I found a dart on this site and I am thinking of going in that direction ....lots of people on this link talked about finding a wagon....well I just wanted to let every one know I have a 1966 dodge Coronet wagon from Virginia 100% stock with original paint. The car I want is in Columbus, Ohio ...I will ship it there for free .or pick up in Buffalo, NY $2200. Or best offer

I posted here because we all love wagons

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121211_185156.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 85
  • ForumRunner_20121211_185328.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 87
  • ForumRunner_20121211_185457.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 88
  • ForumRunner_20121211_185826.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 84
-
Back