What oil do you use in your Mopar?

-

Al Bundy

four touchdowns!
Reaction score
I've read where they've taken most of the zddp out of modern day oils (supposedly to make the catalytic convertors on new cars last longer) allegedly this is causing premature wear in older cars with flat tappet cams. I am currently using Valvoline Vr-1 racing oil in both my Darts,one a V8,the other a slant six. I use the Slant Six car as my daily driver.

I am just thought I would see what others here are running and what recommendations you may have.

Thanks 73 Swinger,I will check it out. Sorry,I didn't mean to ask a redundant question. this is the first forum I've ever joined (not much of a computer guy) guess I should have explored the site more and tried to find older posts.

It happens all the time and I had read that one recently so I knew it was there. I've found this site and the members always ready to help. Glad I could help someone even if it's by knowing where their knowledge is hidden....lol

Thanks "73Swinger",there's definetly a lot of great info here on this site. Supposedly the Vr-1 has 1200 parts zinc.

5w-30 Mobil 1 full synthetic. That said, I have a full roller setup in my motor.

10w30 VR1 napa has it in that weight or they can order it. VR1 has been going on sale at autozone and other places every April for around $4.50 a quart.

Wish I had $10 for every time THIS has been asked....:banghead:

VR1 or Crisco. I wouldn't use Canola.

-
Back