What oil filter?For a 360 in a 66 Dart

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
I,m putting the 90 degree oil adapter on my 360 that,s in my 66 Dart.Which oil filters are used(big or small)?I,m running Spitfire headers.Any #,s or advise thanks.I already have a new gasket set(3) for the adapter.

I run a fram 3600 equivalent on my 64 Dart w/hooker 5208's...
They are as long as a PH8A but not as fat..

Bob

Run from fram..... get a shorty Wix. Either a 51068 or 51085. If you go to Napa or Carquest, drop the first number. Best filters for over the counter.

I always run the longest filtre that space will alow.The bigger the filter more dirt that is trap.

Wix may not be easy to get. Another good setup is purolator.

Long filter: L30001
Short Filter: L14670

I ended up getting a XG16 synthetic filter(Fram)I,m running Royal Purple synthetic oil in the 360.It,s a fresh rebuild,so I figured I,ll try thr synthetic this time to see how it is.Thanks for the suggestions!

I sure it has been posted before but there is a group buy over on Moparts for Wix filters. I just received my 3rd order from it. Wix #1085 for $3.79 each.

I ended up getting a XG16 synthetic filter(Fram)I,m running Royal Purple synthetic oil in the 360.It,s a fresh rebuild,so I figured I,ll try thr synthetic this time to see how it is.Thanks for the suggestions!

Sorry to hear you bought Fram......

NAPA and CarQuest filters are Wix; if it says "Affinia" or anything about Gastonia, NC it is a Wix. Affinia bought Wix from the Dana Corp a few years back. Wix is the best IMHO- 51515 should fit w/a 90 degree adapter

On the left is a Fram PH43 with 5 1/8 mile passes on it. On the right is a brand new PH43. I just put my 360 back together and after the first pass i had 15 psi at the end of the track. i had heard horror stories about Fram filters and paid no attention, I now listen to what some people have to say. Take it from me that Fram is prolly not the way to go. I now have a K&N HP-2004.

2d07d7d912161c2b350.jpg

Sorry?What would you recommend??

Run from fram..... get a shorty Wix. Either a 51068 or 51085. If you go to Napa or Carquest, drop the first number. Best filters for over the counter.

As stated previously.....

and....

That last pic should be one of many that you will see about fram.

-
Back