What seats ??

-

Jonny Shark

Banned
Reaction score
I just decided to change my original seats for something more comfortable and with better design. What seats are you using in your car? Please post some pictures and information.

Thanks
Jhonny

Mr. Shark-

Can't help too much, but I was about to post this same question. I would be nice to compile a list of bucket seats that fit well in our A-bodies. One of the main issues I've run into is finding a seat that fits between the trans tunnel and the hump for the bench seat mount.
I'm currently using 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee seats, but I'm not thrilled with them. Here's a link to my blog where I describe how annoying it was:
http://dartslantsix.wordpress.com/2014/01/28/installing-grand-cherokee-seats-in-a-barracuda/

The main problem is that the mounts are not centered on the seat. They also don't flip forward to allow access to the back.

I'd like to find a set of manual adjust seats that flip forward that will also hold me in place for cornering.
Here's a short list of cars that look like they might meet my requirements but I haven't had a chance to physically measure them:

Scion TC
Mini Cooper (new gen)
Mustang (newer gen, most of them have horses though)
Challenger (new gen, might be too big)
BMW E-series coupe (Have seen these mounted, but most are electric)
Integra (coupe)
Acura RSX
Focus hatchback
Celica (most of these seats are ugly though)

I'd like to hear from folks who have actually fit these seats in their cars.

Thanks.

The early 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse seats are nice. Ive got a set going in my cuda when I get back from underway. The only thing is, you either need to drill new holes in the floorpan, or fabricate a mount to use the exisiting bolt pattern, as the tracks are about two inches wider, and three inches longer.

Also, the Leather Chrysler 300M and Sebring Vert seats work nicely as well.

Eclipse seats are a good option. Thanks for that suggestion. The 300M seat look almost vintage, has anyone tried them? I installed Intrepid seats in a friend's Dart but it wouldn't fit on the passenger side without riding up on that bench seat hump area. Too wide, so we mounted it on that hump. That seat was permanently reclined...

I used late 90's Mitsubishi Eclipse seats.

Very comfy and they matched the interior very nicely.

CIMG0367_zps13206aa2.jpg

CIMG0368_zpsb4dabb71.jpg

Those look nice,and they do match nicely.Time for a J.Y.tour,Thanks.

Yeck, I need to clean my car out... I'm afraid to open that coffee mug lol.

Here are pics of my setup in a 71 Duster. I am using Pro Car bucket seats with matching brackets. Here are the links below:

Pro Car Seats Driver Side:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sca-80-1300-51l/overview/

Pro Car Seats Passenger Side:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sca-80-1300-51r/overview/

Driver Seat Bracket:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sca-81432/overview/year/1971/make/plymouth/model/duster

Passenger Seat bracket:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sca-81433/overview/year/1971/make/plymouth/model/duster

Attachments

• IMG_0271.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 741
  • IMG_0277.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 731
  • IMG_0282.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 722
  • IMG_2142.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 679
Thanks everyone for the posts, ideas, comments...and pictures of course... I`m still thinking about what seats I`ll put on my Duster... I really loved theses Sparcos...but the price is the problem... let`s see if I find someone os creagslist suddenly..

Attachments

• sparco.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 660
here's what I'm doing.2000 neon buckets front and rear.I just removed the mounting feat from the tracks. Fabbed a riser across the rear (leveled)L-brackets at the front.(all bolts are inboard of the tracks)used the original outboard bucket mounting holes and plated the floor at the inboard . you might not have to as my car was a factory bench 4 spd. The rears were a different story fabwise . my car was modified long before I got it and all the seat provisions were removed and welded

Attachments

• 20141003_200728[1].jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 628
  • 20141003_200611[1].jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 609
  • 20141003_200535[1].jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 673
  • 20140930_191917[1].jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 610
I used these in leather. They fit perfect and are super comfortable. I didn't opt for the anti-submarine belt hole, but did get the shoulder harness with the stock mounting position buckle type 2" belts. The shoulder harness bolts into the factory rear seat belt hole, and can be quickly disconnected if you want to put someone back there and buckle them in. I ordered the seats that are wider for big guys, so I was more comfortable on longer trips. Excellent quality seats and brackets that fit almost every car. mine were just a bit too high, so I modified the bracket as much as room would allow. I cut 1 1/2" from the back of the mount and 1" from the front and re welded them. They bolt right in to the stock holes, and recline until they are laying on the back seat bench.

Attachments

• IMG_3988 (Large).jpg
    27 KB · Views: 656
  • Corbeau retractable seat belt.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 630
  • Barracuda Corbeau VX2000 2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 694
I foudn this bucket seats plus seat belts for only $100....cragslist one more time saved my life ( and credit card ) . !!! Those seats looks pretty good for me... next step is make the interior 100% black.

Attachments

• IMG_4632.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 690
  • IMG_4635.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 577
  • IMG_4636.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_4637.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 575
I have a set of Mercedes seats that I was going to put into my car. Very comfortable. Look nice. I'll let them go for cheap if you're interested. PM me if you are!

Here are pics of my setup in a 71 Duster. I am using Pro Car bucket seats with matching brackets. Here are the links below:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sca-80-1300-51l/overview/

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sca-80-1300-51r/overview/

Driver Seat Bracket:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sca-81432/overview/year/1971/make/plymouth/model/duster

Passenger Seat bracket:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sca-81433/overview/year/1971/make/plymouth/model/duster

I purchased the same seats and brackets for my 72 Demon and the passenger side seat bracket does not line up with the factory holes. The original seat was a bench seat but from what I read, the floor pan will accommodate either bench or buckets. Has anyone else had an issue with these seat brackets not fitting?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 519
Here are some pics of my brackets. I am currently on det right now so I can take measurements when I get back home. Hope this helps.

Ken

I purchased the same seats and brackets for my 72 Demon and the passenger side seat bracket does not line up with the factory holes. The original seat was a bench seat but from what I read, the floor pan will accommodate either bench or buckets. Has anyone else had an issue with these seat brackets not fitting?

Attachments

• 2011-07-23_16-31-14_71.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 515
  • 2011-07-23_22-50-11_187.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 469
  • 2011-11-06_15-29-04_438.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 522
Wow... This came up again, lol. Good, because I've been thinking of changing the seats to something lighter and that allows more leg room in the back.

Resurrecting this thread...
These are 2009 Mini Cooper seats. Just got them installed with some brackets I fabbed up.
They look vintage, flip forward for access to the back seat and are fully manual.
Trying to decide if I should dye the piping black or keep it.

IMG_0649 reduced.JPG

I have these in my dart, and they make brackets for them as well, they are from cipherauto.com think I got them both for $400 plus shipping or free shipping, cant remember, plus if you want cloth to help with the rear seat to match they sell the cloth by the yard.

20160501_105035.jpg

20170521_162141.jpg

Procar 80-1300-51L Procar Pro-90 Series 1300 Seats | Summit Racing

Procar 80-1300-51R Procar Pro-90 Series 1300 Seats | Summit Racing

Driver Seat Bracket:
1971 PLYMOUTH DUSTER Procar 81432 Procar Seat Adapter Brackets | Summit Racing

Passenger Seat bracket:
1971 PLYMOUTH DUSTER Procar 81433 Procar Seat Adapter Brackets | Summit Racing

How is the knee room do the seats sit up higher then the original?

I picked up a set of sebring convertible seats to use in my 67 vert. The shoulder belt is built into the seat. There will be some modification needed to the seat mounts to use the original floor pan holes which I plan on doing. I also will reinforce the floor since the seat and shoulder belts are built into the seat instead of a separate mount.

I picked up a set of sebring convertible seats to use in my 67 vert. The shoulder belt is built into the seat. There will be some modification needed to the seat mounts to use the original floor pan holes which I plan on doing. I also will reinforce the floor since the seat and shoulder belts are built into the seat instead of a separate mount.
That’s what I did for my Duster as well. I’ll post some pictures later.

-
Back