What to do in Santa Rosa or nearby

-

xtraoldestock

Reaction score
Hi. I'm going to Santa Rosa, Ca. to play in the Snoopy hockey tournament the first 2 weeks of July .Any car shows, events, etc .happening then. Thanks in advance .

Lots of great wineries there. The old classic movie hot rod was filmed in the area (40 Willy’s and the munns root beer cutlass). We went to Alcatraz and then south to Santa Cruz along Pch 1.

The Giant Redwoods aren't far away, 90 minutes north. The Skunk Train through them is fun. I think one of the 1/2 mile dirt tracks is close, Callistoga? Chico? One of them. Fisherman's Wharf in SF.

We just had the Peggy Sue car show and the fathers day show in the park. Lots to do tho.

1. Zip line the giant redwoods
2. Bodega Bay - get clam chowder at Spud Point
3. Untold tons of wineries and some great microbrews. A great beer free tour is Lagunitas in Petaluma.
4. Downtown is fun at night.
5. Wife and I like to hike and Sonoma County is really a hikers paradise. Some close places are Howarth Park/Spring lake. Again, Bodega Head at the coast. Jack London's park.

Lots of homeless. The homeless problem has been exacerbated since the fires took 5,000 homes last October.

-
Back