what to do to sell Barracuda

-

Hersbird

Reaction score
I am thinking I want to sell my Barracuda in order to buy a camper the whole family can enjoy. What I'm not sure of is what I should or should not do to help sell and get the best deal for me. I have been lightly working on the car over the last few years and it's always been a decent driver. I have cleaned up what I could, and put a new exhaust system in it. I bought a 73 duster disc brake setup and K member for it and rebuilt that whole assembly with all new parts, nothing fancy just Moog replacement stuff. I haven't put it in the car yet though and think I should probably get that done as I have already swapped out the rear end from the duster. I think I will at the minimum do that and buy new front tires. What I'm not sure about is if I should put the 360 that I have been building in the car. It has a good running stock 318 that was supposedly rebuilt 30,000 miles ago. The 360 is a mild performance hybrid magnum version that still needs a carb and ignition but is otherwise ready to go. I would also need a externally balanced flexplate and I was thinking about getting a new radiator to get the inlet and outlet right for the newer 360. I was also thinking of rebuilding the 924 or another 727 that I have. If I did the 727 I could skip the flexplate but would need a new drive shaft. So do I put another $1000-$1500 into getting the 360 working, still needing a stronger rear end as it's a 7 1/4 now, or just put the suspension in there and call it good? I kind of want to see the fruit from my effort on that motor and I don't know what an untested motor from a shadetree mechanic would be worth by itself separate anyway. The car isn't terrible otherwise, it has a few dents, old white paint, needs most of the grill pieces and new bumpers. Has some minor rust bubbles behind the rear wheel but the floors and trunk are solid. The interior needs front seat covers, headliner, and the door panels, plus the dash freshend. The front windshield needs replaced as it's foggy on the sides. So I was thinking $4500 with the suspension or $6500 with the 360 motor installed new carb, electronic ignition, radiator, and the tranny rebuilt. If I did the whole motor swap it would take all fall and wouldn't put it for sale until next spring. That might help getting past the bad economy too.

Sorry for the rambling but I'd appreciate any body's advice.

-
Back