What u folks think of these new Dodge trucks? Not sure what to think...

-
I don't mind it. Many thought the '94's where ugly (including me) when Dodge went bold and put out the new style. It grew on many, and i'm sure this model will too.

.......I don't like the grills on the Rebel's at all...I like the 94-02 2500 Rams the best.....I do have a 2015 1500 sport also...kim.........

its apparent that your not a mopar guy, why don`t u take your constant bad mouthing to another forum !
Well thats pretty harsh. Beauty is subjective. I have a 1994 silverado. I went and looked at the new ram. Very nice, but looking at fresh new vehicles is exciting. In the end i prefer my 94 silverado. Its payed for, and i can actually work on it. Good luck with any of this new ****.

Last edited:
Folks better build taller and longer garages for these giant trucks, I can't believe how friggen big they are.

Heres a thought to ponder. I get my wife a new 2012 caravan. Old 2012 got totalled. Car is acting funny it hesitates, does wierd ****. No check engine light. I go to the dealer, costs $145 for them to dump the pcm software, and reflash the pcm. All this is proprietary software, mom n pop service garage cannot fix this problem, and neither can anybody else except the dealer. So bend over and take it. Van runs fine now but unless you work for a dodge dealer where you can fix **** like that 4 free why bother.

Or get the extended bumper to bumper warranty, and dont get too attached to it. Once warranties up, get rid of it.

I drive this 93 Cummins D250 76,000 miles

20161028_145652.jpg

Old B series 12 valve mechanical injected. Keep it those are great trucks. The driveline will outlast the cab and bed

Last edited:
its apparent that your not a mopar guy, why don`t u take your constant bad mouthing to another forum !

It's apparent your WRONG!!when it come to my muscle/race cars I own nothing but '72 and down Mopars:D:D

Just for fun a couple of weeks ago I Googled the largest Ram dealer in the East and it was Davis dealership I believe in the Chicago area . They had 386 Rams in stock . Wow ! Anyway, their pricing started at $54,000 all done . How can anyone who works for a living afford this . I'm no math genius but the monthly payments plus insurance plus maintainence has to be about $800.00 per month . I'm thinking anyone could restore a 1995-2000 truck 100% and be out ahead . ??????

Just for fun a couple of weeks ago I Googled the largest Ram dealer in the East and it was Davis dealership I believe in the Chicago area . They had 386 Rams in stock . Wow ! Anyway, their pricing started at $54,000 all done . How can anyone who works for a living afford this . I'm no math genius but the monthly payments plus insurance plus maintainence has to be about $800.00 per month . I'm thinking anyone could restore a 1995-2000 truck 100% and be out ahead . ??????

Yep, and when the warranties up, its time to get rid of it. I payed $18,500 for a new loaded silverado half ton back in 1994. Maybe that was a lot of money back then, i dont remember. However i have no intention of buying , paying for, and insuring a vehicle that costs roughly a 3rd the value of my house. Just aint doin it. Now granted while i was at the stealer and they were "reprogramming" the van, i took a walk around. There was a nice laramie long horn edition in the show room. Basically a cowboy cadillac. Whats not to like. Real wood trim all dolled up. A very pretty truck. Something i'd even concider at $35k but after looking at the sticker $56k i walked away. Salesman asked if he could help me. I answered with what, to rob a bank so i can pay for one of these lol. His answer, what do you have to trade. I told him you couldent give me enough for my trade. It wouldent even pay the taxes on one of these things. Good luck selling it.

Let someone else take the big depreciation hit and pay whopping taxes for the privilege of "new". It is their right if they can afford it.
I refuse to finance things that depreciate.
Never had that much money.
I got ahead by buying depreciated vehicles at near bottom value, restoring them, and using them for my daily driver.
Never made a car payment in my life.

My 2001 Ram 3/4 ton 2wd regular cab with a gas 5.9 has 234,*** and purrs like a kitten. Daily driver (son for work).
Here it is in the midst of our ice storm.... Really no rust either :)

DSCN0809.JPG

Old B series 12 valve mechanical injected. Keep it those are great trucks. The driveline will outlast the cab and bed

bought my 95 3500 cummins new. wonderful truck. and in my eyes darn good looking. ( y that new grill is butt ugly to me).. at 68, it will last me to the end, NO $50,000 new one on my plate!! ha
I he a buddy that runs his 12 valve on used ATF run thru a paint strainer! ha

A buddy of mine pumps out the grease tanks of the restaurants here. He heats it to settle the crap out of it, then pumps it thru some oil filters and into a clean tank. He says his truck loves red lobster the best lol

Must be a seafood lover!! Better than the crap gas my poor old cars get by on.

Your looking at MSRP prices. No one pays that. a couple of months ago I test drove a 2016 1500 4x4 with the new eco diesel. MSRP was 47,560.00. I got it down to 38,000.00 plus tax. I still couldn't pull the trigger. Decided to keep my old 2007 2500 4x4 CTD quad cab with 243,000 miles. Still runs like a top!

Your looking at MSRP prices. No one pays that. a couple of months ago I test drove a 2016 1500 4x4 with the new eco diesel. MSRP was 47,560.00. I got it down to 38,000.00 plus tax. I still couldn't pull the trigger. Decided to keep my old 2007 2500 4x4 CTD quad cab with 243,000 miles. Still runs like a top!
They regularly run the 10k off msrp deals out here. I still cant justify that.

Folks better build taller and longer garages for these giant trucks, I can't believe how friggen big they are.
Exactly why I recently purchased a new Toyota Tacoma. I have always bought Mopars, but they left me little choice. I would have bought a new Dakota, but Dodge only builds full size trucks now, and I did not want a big truck. I loved my old 98 Dakota, but after being hit hard twice (neither time my fault), it was time for a new one. Ford stopped making the Ranger, and Chevy stopped making theirs (S10 or whatever). That left the Tacoma of Nissan Frontier, and the Frontier had a brutally rough ride. Some day these car companies will stop trying to force upon us what they want to build.

Exactly why I recently purchased a new Toyota Tacoma. I have always bought Mopars, but they left me little choice. I would have bought a new Dakota, but Dodge only builds full size trucks now, and I did not want a big truck. I loved my old 98 Dakota, but after being hit hard twice (neither time my fault), it was time for a new one. Ford stopped making the Ranger, and Chevy stopped making theirs (S10 or whatever). That left the Tacoma of Nissan Frontier, and the Frontier had a brutally rough ride. Some day these car companies will stop trying to force upon us what they want to build.
Actually colorado and canyon are the S-10,S-15 replacements. They are GMs midsized pickups. I guess you didnt look hard enough lol.

Toyota..please the first three letters describe what those pieces of crap are are..TOY's..................

-
Back