What was I thankin

-

BWDart

Reaction score
Grinding on some metal too close to the Dart ruined the door glass it feels like sandpaper with all the metal in it.
Duh slap myself hard

I stopped at a body shop to do some work on their computer systems and when I came out to leave some dipshit had set a sawhorse about 10 feet from my car while he was grinding on a fender.

Did the same thing to my drivers window, but I didn't realize it had happened until a day or two later when I cleaned the windows again or I would have made them pay for a new one. (mine are also tinted)

I went over it with a single edge razor blade to knock it down before I put my new weather strips in the doors so it wouldn't tear them up.
That glass is too soft to do much of anything else about it besides replace it.

Personally I knew grinding could do that because There are a few of us in the family that weld, and a couple are commercial pros.
That's the only reason I knew exactly when and how it happened.
I should have thought to check it at the time, but I was already pissed that the dipshit would do that close to a car anyway so I just jumped in and took off.

Did you also look at your paint? Could be, if it hit on your glass, how is the clear? Sometimes, you do not see it on the paint til you wash it later. Been there, seen that.

There are rust specs in the rear window of the wife's Durango - a result of grinding on Jake's 65 when we were building it.

Grinding on some metal too close to the Dart ruined the door glass it feels like sandpaper with all the metal in it.
Duh slap myself hard

Well since you haven't anything to lose at this point, try scraping it with a razor, followed by trying to buff some of it out. Use some toothpaste with some grit in it on a small buffing disk with a cordless drill if you have one. Don't push to hard.

If it works it works, if not you're back to buying the glass.

Certainly worth a shot.

-
Back