What will you do

-

dukeboy440

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So my wife asked me an interesting question last night. What will happen to all these old classics and muscle cars when the full electric car market occurs? I’m guessing that within 10 years after that, gasoline will be in scarce supply. And expensive. Me? I plan to learn how to make my own or walk, what’s say you?

So my wife asked me an interesting question last night. What will happen to all these old classics and muscle cars when the full electric car market occurs? I’m guessing that within 10 years after that, gasoline will be in scarce supply. And expensive. Me? I plan to learn how to make my own or walk, what’s say you?
I will have been dead for at least a decade when they happens.. i won't do anything.

I hope not.
I will be dead within the next 5-6 years... (doesn't bother me, i'm ready).. Gas isn't going anywhere for at least 20-30 years... this whole thing of some people talking like gas pumps will just randomly turn off is a scare tactic and will not happen for probably even longer than that.. It's kind of like people worrying bout the sun exploding when it won't happen for 10 billion years :)

I will be dead within the next 5-6 years... (doesn't bother me, i'm ready).. Gas isn't going anywhere for at least 20-30 years... this whole thing of some people talking like gas pumps will just randomly turn off is a scare tactic and will not happen for probably even longer than that.. It's kind of like people worrying bout the sun exploding when it won't happen for 10 billion years :)
I’m only 36, I hope I live more than 5-6 years lol

Petrol isn't going anywhere. We'll all be long dead by the time that happens, so enjoy your car. Stop listening to the MSM - they already pushed the oil shortage/eco-warrior grift back in the 70s. Guess what? We're still using it.

If we wake up one day and petrol magically disappeared, and the only option are EV conversions - I'll humbly drain the remaining fuel from my tanks, sell it to the highest bidder, and then cover them forever. They'll be relics of a time when America was king.

Last edited:
I’m only 36, I hope I live more than 5-6 years lol
i'm 53 and the men in my family don't live past 60 normally... and my chest already hurts all the time.. i'm good to go :) Everything past like 27 sucks anyway.

Back when the Jetson's cartoons were popular. Henry Orbit was the old building maintence guy that kept his old car down in the lower level workshop. That will be me! See video link below in post 11.

Henry_Orbit_old_car.png

Last edited:
I live in a secluded spot, have a creek behind my house, access to corn and sugar. I'll run em on Moonshine if I have to!
I wish I had the guts to see how a properly tuned one would run on 140 proof. That's about all the higher proof you can get out of a home pot still. Or so I've heard.

I wish I had the guts to see how a properly tuned one would run on 140 proof. That's about all the higher proof you can get out of a home pot still. Or so I've heard.
Double distill….

Think about all the rich people that own plenty of gas collector cars, such as Jay Leno.. etc, it not going to happen for decades if it does at all.

Double distill….
That will get you a little more than 10% rise in proof with a double distill, or so I've been tole' :lol:
Not very efficient really. It's not all ethanol. Here's what you get from start to finish and at different temps.

1688996345337.png

Not sure it will ever go full electric.
But reading your first post more carefully, I see you wrote 10 years after assuming it goes full electric.
Yes. Basically then the fuel network as we know it will go away.
I suspect there will continue to be aat least one refinery worldwide that will supply fuels to those who want. it will be more like buying black powder for muskets - most places won't have it - and there will be just one US manufacturer.
When the refinery goes, that will probably be the end as the capital needed to build such facilities takes decades to recover. Unless there is some reason to subsidize or front the money.

It will be much longer than 10 years later... the insanely powerful and rich gas companies are not exactly going to shrug and close down...

Speaking of the Jetson's I was just saying on the news where one seater Personal flying craft that looked like a massive drone are available. I asked my wife and she said you're crazy it looked like fun though... Definitely, Jetson's stuff...
Seems to me if everyone had electric cars that gas would be pretty cheap..

-
Back