What wire is this

-

joemoy29

Reaction score
Just putting my harness back in the car and I have a blue wire not tapp d in the harness with a factory termination by the rear passenger valve cover. What is this for

I would download the diagram but I use my iPhone for everything and can open a zip file

Thanks joe

Tell us what year and model you are working on! My IPad does not read your mind either!

Lol sorry guys long day. It's a 70 dart. Can get a pic tomorrow but there is only three wires in the area one for the on black ground. One grey for oil light and this blue one which has a much longer lead. Choke does make sense

Lol sorry guys long day. It's a 70 dart. Can get a pic tomorrow but there is only three wires in the area one for the on black ground. One grey for oil light and this blue one which has a much longer lead. Choke does make sense

Blue is also coil. What engine?

It's a 318 harness. The blower motor dosent have wires in the engine at correct? Coil is a good point forgot about that. I will take a pic in the am sorry should have done that first

Is it a spade type connector or ring? Spade lends to choke for sure!

Might be the heater blower motor power?

It's a 318 harness. The blower motor dosent have wires in the engine at correct? Coil is a good point forgot about that. I will take a pic in the am sorry should have done that first

I agree with trailbeast that it may be the blower motor power lead...

Here are the pics. The brown wire by the blue is that a ground or for coil?

IMG_8307.JPG

IMG_8308.JPG

IMG_8309.JPG

You Need a wiring diagram of your engine compartment. They are in the fac service manuals. But my take on that long blue wire with that kind of connector is......... its for your stock temp sender.
barracudadave67

Thats what I thought too, but, in this pic, you can see the temp connector right next to the thermo housing....
img_8308-jpg.jpg

It's either for the idle solenoid.........or a well choke heater?

-
Back