What would you do?

-

Otateral

Reaction score
I'm reaching the bodywork stage on my resto. The passenger side door has a small dent near the handle. It's only visible because the handle itself doesn't sit flat on the door. Because of its position, I'm not really sure I can push it out.

The driver's side door looks fine, but the mechanism inside the door isn't that great. (When you push the button, the latch that hits the striker falls down. Possibly a broken spring, but haven't had a chance to get in there.

Neither of these doors are original to the car, based on the green paint found underneath. My question is would you just look for different doors? And what other doors would fit?

I know there's a big mopar graveyard up in Oregon that ships. So, I could go that route.

For reference, it's a 1969 Plymouth Valiant 2-door post.

Find a stud gun, remove the dent and fix it. Any body part you get is probably going to need something done on a 40+ year old car. If the new part is slick now there is a pretty good chance that the shipper will fix that for you before you get it.

And there is supposed to be a spring on the door mechanism that keeps the latch up.
That would be easy to fix also.

-
Back