What would you do?

-

TF360

Reaction score
Ok, so I took a hood to maaco for paint. They gave me a price of about 400.00. They owner and painter gave me the price to do the work. I asked them if they could make it nice and straight. They said yes. They called and said it was done, so I went to pick it up and there were about 10 spots that were not smoothed out properly. The employee who brought it to me even commented that is was not right. Some time went bye and no call. I stopped in and they tried to get me to pay more; however, the manager agreed that he was going to make it right for me. Can I just go get the hood without paying? What should I do?

When you drive your car your always lookin down the hood what do you want to see.. make them do it right... they likely won't let you take it without paying any how

I saw this post this morning and thought about it all day before I gave my 2.

I'd tell them if it isn't done right in 24hrs I'll have to pick it up and get it done elsewhere.
If I paid money already then I'd inform them that I have no choice but to bill them for the job to be done as agreed. (Not pay for the job twice and get it done once)

Harsh, maybe.
Effective, you bettcha.

Stop whining like Bob and Wendy Whiner and make them fix it right at the price they quoted.

Did you vote for Obama? Twice?

Here is the thing, they tried to say they found more dings later and also claimed I only asked to fix imperfections in certain areas- not true- I don't know if I can legally just go take it without paying?

You cannot take it without paying anything. If they did work to it, they deserve something. Make them make it right. Quit bein a pansy.

Here is the thing, they tried to say they found more dings later and also claimed I only asked to fix imperfections in certain areas- not true- I don't know if I can legally just go take it without paying?

In the future, photograph and document prior to drop off and get in writing exactly what is to be done.
Hind site yes, but sadly, that's how ya have to deal with businesses anymore.

Ok, so I took a hood to maaco for paint. They gave me a price of about 400.00. They owner and painter gave me the price to do the work. I asked them if they could make it nice and straight. They said yes. They called and said it was done, so I went to pick it up and there were about 10 spots that were not smoothed out properly. The employee who brought it to me even commented that is was not right. Some time went bye and no call. I stopped in and they tried to get me to pay more; however, the manager agreed that he was going to make it right for me. Can I just go get the hood without paying? What should I do?

Customer satisfaction counts, take it back/don't leave (with it)until you've happy. You paid for it,they need to make it right....

get the manager and owner involved. tell them you got a $400 quote to complete , they said it was done and its not. If they dont fix it, pay them for it and take it somewhere else to make right save your receipts and take them to small claims, sue for the second jobs price and your time at your wage per hour.

Pay with a credit card, then contest it. Pictures and document what they did. In the mean time get it fixed and keep the receipt. I worked for one as a kid it happens to them all the time, Maaco also has "corporate" you can contact. This puts big business taking little guy to court. They never win.

For what it's worth, I would not expect a "nice and straight" job for only $400. If it sounds too good to be true, .... My 2 cents.

A deal is a deal is a deal.
I have had to eat crow a couple of times in my life. It hurts but I stick to what I said.
I expect the same from others.
I've been hurt a few times by the failure of that philosophy. But I don't let it fester. Unforgiveness will make a person physically sick, so I give it up. ASAP!

Your first mistake was even going to Maaco!! If you read any online reviews about their work and customer satisfaction, not to mention their attitude after something like this happens, it's surprising that they're even still in business! They are a collision shop, not a restoration shop, and regularly do very crappy work even on replace and paint pieces for newer cars!! Steer clear of these kinds of shops, they're low low price is low for a reason, they do shitty work!!!

Ok, so I contacted Maaco customer service and they are supposed to respond within 48 hours? We will see what happens. By the way, I did not give Maaco any money yet.

Maaco? Really?

What's next, Earl Schieb?

For $400 you could have bought all the supplies and learned to do it on your own, including the doing it over because you messed it up the first time.

Good luck with Maaco, but next time, have more faith in yourself. You may end up being damn good at it.

Maaco? Really?

What's next, Earl Schieb?

For $400 you could have bought all the supplies and learned to do it on your own, including the doing it over because you messed it up the first time.

Good luck with Maaco, but next time, have more faith in yourself. You may end up being damn good at it.

X2!!! :read:

I had my son's car painted at maaco. It came out beautiful but a year later I noticed some bubbling and some overspray. I took the car back and they made all the repairs for free!!!
They went through a lot of trouble for me, they did body work, prepped and painted the hood, fenders, bumpers, grill parts, fender extensions, trunk lid, side mirrors, etc all separately at no extra charge. I assembled it myself and I was so happy with their work I bought the owner and her son $30 coupons eat at "The Roadhouse" restaurant!!
Treblig

Attachments

• DSC01091.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC01093.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 125
  • DSCN1112.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCN1114.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 125
  • DSCN1115.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 114
looks beautiful but lets bring back the chrome work on the bumpers, grill, and head light bezels...

Funny you should say that...........My son wants all the chrome back also. I made it monochrome to hopefully make it a more modern hot rod for my son. But he's just like my daughter, they like the chrome. So I've had an extra '46 grill re-chromed already and I'm slowly getting all the other parts re-chromed. It will take some time because my son drives the '46 everywhere so there's never any time it can sit while I get the parts re-chromed (it takes 8-10 weeks). The only way I can do it is to get extra parts, get them chromed then replace them on the weekends.
Slowly but surely................

Treblig

We used to use the local Earl Scheib when we were in school. One of us was always workin on somethin for somebody or our own stuff. We did all the prep work and let Earl Scheib paint them. Came out great every time.

-
Back