What's a '67 Dart Worth?

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
I took a look at 67 Dart this weekend. He was asking $1500. It's nothing special, just the usual bench seat, /6, auto trans, 2 door post. Interior is in poor shape needing a headliner, front floor boards, armrests. Factory rubber floor cover. Trans and rear seal leak, has a flat tire. Windshield needs replacement.

Now for the good. No rust on frame rails front or rear, I can even see the factory paint on them. Trunk is about perfect, with very minor surface rust. Doors are in excellent condition, nice solid "thunk" when I shut them. Hood is perfect. Minor surface rust behind front and rear wheels but no rust through. Rocker panels are perfect. Engine compartment is mint. Tailights, rear and front bumper are fine, grill has a small dent I can fix.

With a can of fix a flat I can drive this away. I offered $1000. He said he was going to wait and see if another guy was going to come up with the full price today, if not, it's mine. \\:D/ I figure for about $1700 (including the price of the car) I can fix the headliner, floor pans, tires, windshield, dash and duct tape the seats (LOL!). Another $200 and I can paint it and have a nice daily driver while I build a new engine.

Is this car worth a $1000?

Thanks in advance!

in this part of the country, yes. thats a good deal. i got my 67 barracuda with no engine or tanny for $800, no body rust and a full interior, but it hasnt run in 15 years. my friend's aunt is selling a 69 dart with a slant 6 and a bunch of body rust for $500 and im thinking about jumping on the ball and building me an ss/aa replica. as for the 67, id say thats a pretty good price, especially since its running

-
Back