Whats a good rear leafspring rate for a Duster

-

340doc

Reaction score
Its a 71 Duster, setting it up for a 340 4 spd. It has PST 1.03 front bars with factory sway bar. , frame connectors, good shocks. I might have access to a set of leafs with a spring rate around 220/225. Would these be OK? what are some of you running. Its a street car just being set up to drive better than stock.

I was wondering if they would be too stiff. Seems like a big difference from 150 to 220. Anyone with a good street handler can chime in

Contact eaton Detroit spring I'm sure they could help you out with any questions you may have. eatondetroitspring .com

I bought Afco. 166Lb leafs for my 71 duster. Have not driven the car yet. They assured me they were correct for my application.

Im runnin two left side super stock springs in my 70 duster... It handles great
Big sway bars, subframes, .9?? Torsion bars, boxed lower control arms , reinforced k frame..... Its fun on the street

About 130. I sell these in the correct rating but they aren't cheap. Many others sell these but you don't really know what you are getting.

Peter's right on. For a handling car you should be looking at 120-130 lb/in springs and a sway bar.

I run the now discontinued 121 lb/in Afco 20231M's on my Duster with a rear bar. Works great, even with the 1.12" (300 lb/in WR) torsion bars up front.

The Afco 20231M's seem to have been discontinued with the return of the Mopar Oval track springs, # P4529414 or #P4529415 (+1" arch). They're also 120 lb/in springs with a reinforced front section.

Thanks to all who responded. I didn't get the springs I mentioned in the OP so I'll be looking at some of your suggestions.

Im runnin two left side super stock springs in my 70 duster... It handles great
Big sway bars, subframes, .9?? Torsion bars, boxed lower control arms , reinforced k frame..... Its fun on the street

CurtDwag, did these raise the back? if so how much?

-
Back