What's everybody running for tires?

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a pair of rears for my Dart in a 225/70R15. I have looked at
BFG Radial TA's, Cooper Cobra, Mastercraft Avenger, and Kuhmo Solus in that order. What do you all run? Smooth riding? Lay good black marks? They squeal like a piggy? tmm

On my old duster when I was younger I ran BFG radial TA'S. they were pretty smooth. Lasted good and produced lots of smoke, hahahaha ;)
Now on my new project I'm running 315/60r15 Mickey Thompson rear and skinnys up front. Haven't gotten Thoes on the road yet.

I have a pair of coopers that left magnificent marks....I usually run radial TA's and they don't leave as profound mark

Terz is right. If I can remember correctly my TA'S didn't leave much for black strips.

BFG smoke easily , coopers leave a darker mark , gey a bit better traction .

What the heck, I don't rev it up and dump the clutch anyway. lol

275/60/15 B.F.G drag radials out back. Kuhmo? 165 SR- 15 's ,up front ( old Cal Bug tire). 15/8.5 back,15/4.0 fronts .Summit/Halibrand knockoffs.

I like rubber ones. Preferably black.

Back in the dim recesses of what's left of my brain, I recall the Jetzon made the squealingest, smokiest tires around. I checked and they are still around.

http://www.jetzontire.com/tires/Detail.aspx?lineid=106&application=Performance

They come with raised white letters, too. And yes, they're made of synthetic rubber and will probably go ka-thunk ka-thunk for the first few miles in Michigan winters.

OBTW Bad Sport: How can you tell it's the tire and not the road? lol

I'm looking for a pair of rears for my Dart in a 225/70R15. I have looked at
BFG Radial TA's, Cooper Cobra, Mastercraft Avenger, and Kuhmo Solus in that order. What do you all run? Smooth riding? Lay good black marks? They squeal like a piggy? tmm

Mike, I have Avenger G/T's on my cars and love them, they squeal nice and are a great tire, made in the USA by Cooper...plus, thay have a nice looking tread and sidewall lettering. Cooper Cobra is good too but IMO, go with the Avenger G/T

I have the Cooper Cobra 215's, but with the /6, I'm not doing any burnouts :) I will try once I put them on the GTS though.

I put 275 60 15 Good/Year Eagles on a 360 crate motor automatic Duster. They did not hook at all at the track but worked fairly well on the street. A tire that leaves nice black marks usually doesn't get good wear. Your leaving your tire behind you.

I'm running BFG raduals all around. They are old, all they do is clean the pavement, no blacks marks. Need new tires but have other things first. Is there a date code on the tire somewhere? I have the raised letters to the inside.

Im running re-pop E70-14 redlines. Look cool but I wouldn't recommend them.
Do you get any traction with those ? I remember my 72 318 Dart (318 heads shaved headers and TQ 850 ) would leave a 150 foot strip of rubber with the stock E-70 14 . Yours must smoke through 2nd gear .

I'm running BFG raduals all around. They are old, all they do is clean the pavement, no blacks marks. Need new tires but have other things first. Is there a date code on the tire somewhere? I have the raised letters to the inside.
There should be a date code on the sidewall

Do you get any traction with those ? I remember my 72 318 Dart (318 heads shaved headers and TQ 850 ) would leave a 150 foot strip of rubber with the stock E-70 14 . Yours must smoke through 2nd gear .

I have pulled off a 1.6, 60' time with them but they are horribly inconsistent, scary on uneven road surfaces and bad in the rain.

But they do have a positive side..... The wife won't ride in the car as long as I'm running them. :cheers:

-
Back