what's it worth ? ,70 340 engine

-

73dusterdo

Reaction score
I started to clean out garage and sell some of the thing I have save all this years. Just checking what this may be worth. 1970 340, J heads with 202 valves ,was pulled out of a wrecked car, tore down greased up and put in storage over thirty years ago.
IMG_6387.JPG
IMG_6396.JPG
IMG_6400.JPG
IMG_6400.JPG

IMG_6389.JPG

IMG_6390.JPG

IMG_6395.JPG

IMG_6390.JPG

Late 1970 model year casting, does it have a 1970 or 1971 partial VIN?

Only worth what people are willing to pay for it? It's not Hemi. Under $1000 at best.

How far are you away from Tonawanda? I have a friend there that maybe could look at it for me.

I just sold a 70 short block with loose "J" heads for $1100 in Illinois two weeks ago. Sold another 70 long block for $1200 in March. Both were standard bore but needing everything, both buyers were very happy. Don't sell it for under $1000.

I just sold a 70 short block with loose "J" heads for $1100 in Illinois two weeks ago. Sold another 70 long block for $1200 in March. Both were standard bore but needing everything, both buyers were very happy. Don't sell it for under $1000.
Thanks you for the info.

$1000 is a very good price for what you have, don't give it away they are to hard to come by these days. Std bore never blown up, no repairs $1000 for bare block if you ask me. There is a guy by me that wants $2000 for a fully machined 340 block, he has 2 and they both have sleeves, 1 has 2 the other has 3 and they are both .060 over. I would never buy one with that much work done to it.

You do need to get it good and clean and some good pictures.

$1000 is a very good price for what you have, don't give it away they are to hard to come by these days. Std bore never blown up, no repairs $1000 for bare block if you ask me. There is a guy by me that wants $2000 for a fully machined 340 block, he has 2 and they both have sleeves, 1 has 2 the other has 3 and they are both .060 over. I would never buy one with that much work done to it.
I have had it since the early 80's. I pick up a couple went they were plentiful. got a lot of a body part that I need to thin out. more then I will use for my projects.

With all those items, no cracks, 1K pretty easy is my guess. That number would be a decent deal for a buyer for all that stuff being std measurements. You could likely get more to the right buyer

Just remember guys, if you want to make a deal,send a private message please. Remember, this is not a sale thread. Thanks and carry on.

Thanks for all the input. I know to get the most out of I need to clean up the grease off all the parts. I was checking what the valve was. Thanks

-
Back