What's it worth?

-
Found a car my wife really wants. My wife(Lauriefsu) and I have been looking for some time for her first A body. She really likes this one so we're on our way over tomorrow morning to look at it. I would like a few opinions on value in today's tough economy. What's it worth? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...869551&viewitem=&category=6201#ht_31916wt_948

I would think maybe $15,000 to 18,000 would be in the ball park being a dealer and all. Anything more I would look for a real deal matching numbers car. One thing I didn't like was it looked like it may still have the 9" drum brakes that came with the slant 6. The parking brakes don't look to be hooked up or there in the pictures.

You would spend a lot more that 13K to take another car to this level. If this things looks as good in person as it does in a picture, I would give 13-15K for it in a minute. To take and recondition a motor, trans, and rearend costs a lot more than a lot of people plan on. Between a mild 360 Magnum, a tuff 904 Torqueflite with a 500 dollar converter and manual valve body, and a 742 case sure grip with Richmond 3.91 ring and pinion I have over 7 grand invested in the three items not to mention the paint and body, wiring, brakes etc. etc.By the time I repaint, rewire, reupholster etc. etc. I will have spent well over 13K (which includes the original purchase price of 3500) and it still probably wont look as good as this car. The only real justification I have is that other than the paint, I will have done the car completely myself which means that I know all the work on the car was done right, and after rebuilding everything on the car I know it will be dependable, not be breaking down, and it will be ready to go another 100k miles without a major repair. Most importantly now that I'm older, grey, and fat, I really don't want to work on the car after I have finished it. In the past I found that everytime I wanted to drive the car I had to work on it first and that took a lot of the fun out of it. My idea of fun now is tuning the car for maximum performance and waxing and polishing it before cruises.
There is a lot to be said for buying a turn key car like this one.

I would think maybe $15,000 to 18,000 would be in the ball park being a dealer and all. Anything more I would look for a real deal matching numbers car. One thing I didn't like was it looked like it may still have the 9" drum brakes that came with the slant 6.
Thanks brother for you response. The last car she liked looked great in the pictures but looked like a turd in person. Homecloned and I went over there together. This dealer has a magician for a photographer.

You would spend a lot more that 13K to take another car to this level. If this things looks as good in person as it does in a picture, I would give 13K for it in a minute.
Pictures lie like a *****. It does look pretty nice in the photos

Pictures look good. If it isn't a lie . It dosen't matter what we think. What matters is what you think. Any time you can get the wife on board its a good thing. Go take a look see , If it turns out ok ,go for it.

The car sold before we got there:thumbdow:. Went to pj's auto world to check out their inventory.:eek:ccasion: My wife picked out a 70 Hemi/426 roadrunner she liked#-o. So I told her I need to think about that one. MMG

-
Back