What's my oil level?

-

sargentrs

Reaction score
Sorry for the ignorant question but this is my first 225 /6. My dipstick is just a small diameter round rod with a flat dimple about 1-1/2" up from the tip. Is that the full mark? Is that the original dipstick? When I wipe it off, the first 2" is shiny and from there up it's brown. Kinda hard to tell what my oil level is. Is there another flat style one with better markings on it that's interchangeable? Thanks for all y'alls help!

Attachments

• dipstick.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 181
Odd... mine has a flat dipstick with clear lettering on it.... but putting in the right amount of oil after a change puts the level well above the full mark.... it might not be the original.

Well, that gives me hope! Maybe I can find one of those off the shelf or online. I'm beginning to discover that there's very little about her that is original. Thanks!

Doesn't look original for any A-body. Maybe from an Aspen, Volare? Always tell us more about your car (69 Dart?) when asking.

Ooops! Sorry. '74 Dart, 225 /6, A904. VIN number indicates "Special Edition" package. Thanks!

-
Back