whats the best way 2 remove old paint from engine compartment

-
Lots of guys just use good ol' paint stripper. I tried some other cleaners, but stripper seemed to work best for me.

hell yea. blast that **** if ya can. i would if i could but didnt have the equipment. i used jasco paint and epoxy remover and alot of wire wheeling.

I did it the hard way I guess...wire brush on side grinder and stripper. The outside of the car was already painted so I had to be careful. The wire brush worked better than the stripper.

My problem with soda, or any other soft media, it doesn't take rust off or anything tough like undercoating, there are enough bends curves and strong spots that sand will not warp the steel, it just don't happen. Sand blast, blow it off, wipe it down... bang prime it and paint it. The other issue is that sand blasting will give a bit of an etch to the steel, soda... not so much, then you should sand the steel after soda to get it to stick really good.

Also if you soda blast to properly prep car after you need to wash the car with soap and water and scrub with a green scotch brite. If you don't do this there is a chance that your paint won't adhere as well as it should.

-
Back