Whats the Deal ? (Dart conv. 4 sale)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its called shill bidding and is agianst Ebay rules. If you turn them in they probably wont do a thing about it. Someone is trying to drive their own price up.

I actually called on this car the 1st time it was listed (many months ago when Buy it Now was at $14k I think) and asked for pics of underside and if you notice... there are still none shown. Over 70 pics and NONE of frame/etc... hmmmm.
I do, however, like the "AAA" and "Ask me about my Grandchildren!" bumperstickers on the rear bumper. Adds to the "been driven gently" theme.

If its a one owner bought new in Massachusetts then there isn't enough of the frame left to hold it together! Salt capital of the world and it was even worse in the 60s and 70s. A new car up here will rot away in 15 years so imagine what would happen to a 69.....

there are quite a lot of Dart converts on eBay now...hobbie summer buyers ?probally..next year a boat...motorcycle..?

two things, why the wood in the trunk and when I ran the vin. and model through Carfax it came back not a 69 GT vin. #

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Orig...cks?hash=item27abb74fa3&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

if this is the one being discussed, someone up here "purchased" it and sent it back. if anyone is looking at it and wants his #, let me know.he can explain better than I.

Looks like a recent repaint. I can see the rust bubbles just on top of the rear wheel lip moldings. Even from that far away low quality picture. This is what they call a perfumed pig.

Notice the detail pictures that really show nothing. It's like saying "I not hiding anything, but I just not showing your anything you want to see"

What's this picture prove?

DSC06488.jpg

is that the same car as the original poster mentioned?-- curious now about this slick ad. Lawrence

We can all make a note of the Dude's e bay Selling name.And stop his crap. Just look to see if it is ( selling 781) SMOKEY.

Go to the add, click "Before you buy" then "Price Research", then "See all 13 completed listings" and it is listed there as sold.

You should not really see the same car listed under the "sold" section, and if you do there should be feedback left by both parties so everyone knows this sale is legit.

Thanks for your suggestions and help guys.Hey,does anyone know if the 69' Dart Custom is still for sale ? poster has not contacted me and I am also interested in a car that will sell this weekend.kind of in a hurry to contact seller..help if you can..Thanks
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/member.php?u=2661
Shaggyfrost,
I think you bid on my car during the week! Glad to see you here at FABO! Welcome to the site!

George

The 69 Dart Convertible is baaaaaaaaaaack on Ebay!
Item #170391899998.
Last "Buyers" Item description: NEGATIVE- MISLEADING, Dart ROTTED, has NOT returned my deposit.
Heads up guys...

If its a one owner bought new in Massachusetts then there isn't enough of the frame left to hold it together! Salt capital of the world and it was even worse in the 60s and 70s. A new car up here will rot away in 15 years so imagine what would happen to a 69.....

His rating isn't very good, only way I would even think about that car would be seeing in person.

My 67 Dart Convertible came from Massachusetts and my 68 Dart convertible parts car came from there too. Strange that they had so many Dart Convertibles. The 67 was in very good condition, still has all the original frame rails, floors, door and inner fenders. 1/2 of the 1/4's were replaced but really only needed the wheel well surround changed. Front fenders were usable but had a 67 Parts car from California with better fenders. So just because it came from Mass, does not mean it is a rust bucket. Now my 68 vert, was a rust bucket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back