What's Your Favorite Hot Rod Song?

-
cant go back no further Lol......wasnt' born yet!!! but it was a hot rod song =)

cant go back no further Lol......wasnt' born yet!!! but it was a hot rod song =)
Ok, no one is getting this, so I'll post the answer, Remember, I said first muscle car, not hot rod. Rocket 88, a hit for Jackie Brenston with Ike Turner. Widely credited by music historians as the first Rock & Roll song, & the Rocket 88 marked the first time an american auto maker out thier top of the line motor in a mid-size car, the most common definition of a "muscle car"

"Rev on the Radline" by Forgeiner--- about cruisin, streetracin' & losing your license!:supz:

Some may not like a song about a Ford, but "Blonde in the 406" by Dick Dale. In fact, about anything Dick Dale is good hot rod music, but most have no lyrics.

Also, not a "hot rod" song, but a driving song - Six Days On the Road by Dave Dudley.

Detroit Rock City - Kiss
Interstellar Overdrive - Pink Floyd
Green Onions - Booker T. & The M.G.'s

I've always liked "Fifteen Days Under The Hood" by The New Riders Of The Purple Sage. Not really a hotrod song but definitely a song you can relate to if you've ever worked on old cars.

I'm lookin' with the flashlight for the timing chain,
I just skinned my knuckles & I'm in great pain.
It's awful cold and it's starting to rain...
Fifteen days under the hood.

I like just about everything that's been named on this thread.

not realyy about rods but METALLICA-TURN THE PAGE love going on road trips with that one

I've always liked the line in the lyrics to Princess of the night by saxon " Iron striking metal the sound of racing steel it's all I ever wanna hear it's music to My ears..."

-
Back