What's Your Stand On Stance?!

-
That would SOOOOO not pass PA state inspection, LOL!!! How much extension did You weld onto the pinion snubber? :poke::D

Well to tell you the truth the local Exxon station wouldn't inspect it. They said that the new laws don't allow for State Inspection on cars with different size tires (front to rear). They said the wheel and tires all have to be the same size. I said, "are you kidding me"...they said "No, we're not kidding"!! I told them..."Well what do you do when a new Corvette or Viper comes in for inspection??? I said, "There are quite a few modern high performance cars that have different size tires and rims (front to rear). The Exxon manager had a blank look on his face then said..."Well those are new cars". I said, "What the hell difference does that make, inspection rules are inspection rules!!!"

I went to another inspection station and "easily" got my sticker.

As for the snubber....It's only 2 feet long (LOL).

treblig

Very cool. I like the skinny tire in the front.
My 255 in the rear will be 275 next.
Any disadvantage to having skinny tires up front?

My 383s is easier to turn with one hand and standard steering wheel with manual box with the skinny's and being 15's give me some extra clearance for the 7 quart pan currently installed!

level and a 1" higher than stock for me.
Unless its a drag car. than what works best.

I prefer super huge tires on tiny 14" wheels that are too narrow for the tires I run on them. Jack the front up all the way and use shackles out back to get er' up even higher. 4x4 stance.

Nah..kidding. There are so many wheel/tire combos it's too had to say what looks right with each one. I'm not a huge fan of seeing a lot of space/air above the tires. I like a slight rake.

View attachment 1715042424

View attachment 1715042425

View attachment 1715042426
That car is sweet, man...

275/60/15 and a Barracuda Fomula "S", Wish it was a 'Cuda!
Stock wheel wells and fenders? I've had 4 cudas and 2 barracudas. Their all Cudas to me. Seein if I can run 275's on my 67 notchback.

Wanting to go to a little shorter front tire, but pretty happy with it, otherwise.

received_863477743782609.jpeg

received_881278282002555.jpeg

received_863477930449257.jpeg

I like a full wheel well, but agree that it all depends on the car! Never did like the "hi-jacker" look, even when it was in style, but if you're gonna do it, you gotta do it right! M/T N50's in the rear and some Speedmasters up front!!

I like a slight rake too!! I think Nellas car looks just right!! Just need to get those Rallyes painted and installed that we got from MeMike!!

IMG_2016.JPG

Stock wheel wells and fenders? I've had 4 cudas and 2 barracudas. Their all Cudas to me. Seein if I can run 275's on my 67 notchback.

Yes, all stock as far as metal goes. Original to the car, home rebuilt leaf springs that need shackles to stay off the tires with the backspace used "I do not like it but" Budgets are such that sometimes you make compromises! One day it will it have body color steel wheels and poverty caps with the same tire size that are tucked a little better. May have to put some SS springs on to get there! Priorities can dictate that yes? Barracuda/'Cuda had the best wheel opening of all the A's, look at what they had to do on the 68 Dart SS cars to the quarters even though the inner tubs are the same. Mini tubs and spring re-location will get you there for sure depending on the look you like. Fastbacks with fold down rear seats can create an issue with mini tubs. If I had a non original 383 car I would have gone full tilt with link and a more dropped look over the back with front tires that still give the rake.

One inch higher ESPO springs clears the 15 wheels, torsion bars cranked a little to clear the headers.
0615 046.jpg

I like the illusion of low and fat. Most of us have lowered suspensions, but taller tires. So even with the 3" from stock drop I picked up 2" with the tires (as did most of us with 15's)but filled in the wheel wells. There are some nice cars here

14141596_150574525387315_3878011471029713257_n.jpg

The tires were on about 20 minutes when I snapped the pic in my backyard, sorry about the blue. 275 60 15 on Specialty Wheels chromed version of the sport wheel.
Very Nice!!!

I would have washed off the blue first! Great place for a pic!

I like the illusion of low and fat. Most of us have lowered suspensions, but taller tires. So even with the 3" from stock drop I picked up 2" with the tires (as did most of us with 15's)but filled in the wheel wells. There are some nice cars here

View attachment 1715043253
Love that look how did you get around the front fender brace with the tires that far up in ?

-
Back