Wheel adapter studs?

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Didn't even know these existed.... .....Replacement Off-Set Wheel Adapter Stud, for 6533 Adapters
1704921763782.png

WTF? Who in their right mind would consider?

Replacements for a certain wheel adapter. Not used by themselves I bet.

Not for nothing but I would NEVER drive anything with wheel adapters. Buy the proper wheels.... just saying

To each their own, but a properly constructed wheel adaptor is perfectly safe if properly maintained (check the damn lug nut torque).

Last edited:
To each their own, but a properly constructed wheel spacer is perfectly safe if properly maintained (check the damn lug nut torque).
Agree, but as you well know, there's a pretty big difference between adapters and spacers.
Ran nines with homemade billet spacers, I doubt I would try that with adapters.....
(And yes, I would check ALL the lugs periodically, not just the ones with spacers)

Agree, but as you well know, there's a pretty big difference between adapters and spacers.
Ran nines with homemade billet spacers, I doubt I would try that with adapters.....
(And yes, I would check ALL the lugs periodically, not just the ones with spacers)

Sorry for the confusion, I typed spacer when I meant adaptor.

Both are perfectly safe as long as you use a quality part and do your proper maintenance. Obviously there are size limitations for both, spacers can only be so thick before you need to upgrade the strength of the studs and obviously you need enough stud length for proper thread engagement. Adaptors can be much thicker, but eventually the material makes a difference.

Dually trucks all use adaptors. Thick about the loads and torque carried by some of those adaptors! It's just about having an adaptor that's been built to carry the loads that it will see in operation. And checking both sets of lug nuts for proper torque.

For example, the adaptor used on an F350 dually 4x4. It's almost 5" tall, and no, there aren't any splines or anything inside of it to attach it to the axle. The strength is simply a factor of the material used for the adaptor and the size/number studs.

Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 9.52.59 AM.png

Last edited:
Hub centric is all I could imagine. They would find their own center with an acorn nut and a hub to center on. I ain't using them .....

Yeah that particular adaptor stud and the adaptor that goes with it are not something I'd run, the adaptor itself appears to be cast.

But if an adaptor is made out of the right material there's no issues with running them. Like anything aftermarket there's good stuff and bad stuff, and the bad stuff leads people to believe the part itself is a bad idea when in fact it's just poor construction/execution.

Sorry for the confusion, I typed spacer when I meant adaptor.

Both are perfectly safe as long as you use a quality part and do your proper maintenance. Obviously there are size limitations for both, spacers can only be so thick before you need to upgrade the strength of the studs and obviously you need enough stud length for proper thread engagement. Adaptors can be much thicker, but eventually the material makes a difference.

Dually trucks all use adaptors. Thick about the loads and torque carried by some of those adaptors! It's just about having an adaptor that's been built to carry the loads that it will see in operation. And checking both sets of lug nuts for proper torque.

For example, the adaptor used on an F350 dually 4x4. It's almost 5" tall, and no, there aren't any splines or anything inside of it to attach it to the axle. The strength is simply a factor of the material used for the adaptor and the size/number studs.

View attachment 1716190687
Those are different. The cheap ones you get to adapt one wheel to a different wheel pattern on your vehicle are the ones I'm talking about. A friend of mine lost a wheel cause a few studs broke. cheaply made.

-
Back