Wheel bearing

-

usdart

Reaction score
Had to use a cutting torch to get the hub off cause the bearing was welded to the spindle. I just finished cleaning and grinding the spindle so the new bearing will slip on right again. It looks like I saved the spindle:blob:

Now I am waiting for the machine shop to sleeve the hub so the race fits tight again on the outer bearing.

Quite a MESS as you can imagine but, I am gaining on it:banghead:

Glad to hear you didn't ruin the whole thing. Last time that happened to me I wasn't so lucky.

You might have been better off to buy a hub. I hope the machine shop gets it right for you but if they dont, the bearings wont last or the hub wont run true or both.
The bearings design does allow for a tiny bit of misalignment and there are other machined surfaces to set up on so it may be just fine. Good luck with it.

Machine shop sleeved the Hub and set the race in for me for $92.00.

It is all together and works great now..now to service the other side to avoid more problems.

There are lots of parts cars out there. I just sold a hub to a member here.

Yeah.. I looked at some but they were a smaller drum and hub assy so would'nt work. I think 73 and later are larger size drums on the /6 equiped cars. I was tired of not driving my Dart and waiting around so I used plan 'B'.

-
Back