Watch This
Reaction score
What are my wheel choices for under $100

Requirements

• under $100
  • 5x4 bolt pattern
  • or 5x100mm bolt pattern
  • looks good on a Duster

Outlaw II's look like they belong on a truck.......Ford used something similar to it for years, did they not????

Outlaw II's look like they belong on a truck.......Ford used something similar to it for years, did they not????

Dragonslayer_92FordF150Flare_RR.jpg

What ever you do, do not put 5x100mm rims on your car. The pattern is not the same size,and can create problems for you.

If you already have wheels and can wait, I suggest occasionally browsing FABO, ebay, and craigslist. Something may turn up in a year. I got a nice set of 5x4 14" Cragars on FABO 100 miles away for $400. Then I got a set of serviceable 5x4 14" mags locally on Craigslist. While 5x4 are rare, there are also many people switching to BBP as part of the disk conversion or rear end swap, so offload theirs. 15" would be better if you later add disk brakes (some kits require), but even more rare in 5x4 except the steel wheels. I don't know of any 5x100 wheels for RWD cars. Most FWD have a totally different offset and would sit sunk in too far on a RWD car. There are wheel spacers, but fairly expensive and cause other problems, plus very rare in 5x4.

I bought a set 14x 7 for 20.00 a wheel
cleaned up well for my valiant, just have to shop around
If u plan on brake swap in future go with 15 steel so u can use the tires on the new rims with the discs
just a thought
I take Brakes over shine!

I found some on ebay 15 alluminum slots new 120 ea any size you want, I cant find the item number now but look under ebay motors.

If you do the smart thing NOW you'll already have a nice set of Rallye wheels when you turn 35 or so and really want them. Just imagine how expensive they'll be then. Just a thought.

Dose anyone think If I put 14in wheels on my car it will look like I have more tire then wheel because I am going to get a 26 to 27in tire

Here's 14" rallyes on my old Demon. Paid $35 a piece for them, had them blasted for $20 and painted them myself with wheel paint from Oreillys. That's a pretty short tire on the back.

dashpics006Medium.jpg

If you are on a budget, you should be scouring the Craigslist in your area. I found a set of 14 inch Magnum 500s for $175 just this week.

-
Back