wheel fitment

-

moparstud440

Reaction score
I have a 69 barracuda notchback and would like to put American Racing VN105D Torq-Thust D wheels on it. I have the factory A-body 8 3/4 rear with factory drums and up front I have the factory drum brakes but redrilled so all 4 wheels are 5 x 4 1/2" bolt pattern. Anyone have any issues with fitment of these wheels? On American Racing website it says some are are disk brakes and some are for drums, so that has me confused. Suspension is all stock and would like to do a 6" wheel up front and 8" in the rear.

I want to do the same on my '67 and have been researching it. I think the deal is you need more clearance with disc brakes to clear the caliper. From what I could tell, the Torq-thrust D's are a thicker wheel (than the Torq-Thrust II's) and don't have as much room on the inside of the wheel. I was looking at the Torq-Thrust II because it seemed to be a little thinner profile.

I could be wrong though, but that's the impression I got from the reading I did.

I would be interested in seeing how it looks when you get them!

I want to do the same on my '67 and have been researching it. I think the deal is you need more clearance with disc brakes to clear the caliper. From what I could tell, the Torq-thrust D's are a thicker wheel (than the Torq-Thrust II's) and don't have as much room on the inside of the wheel. I was looking at the Torq-Thrust II because it seemed to be a little thinner profile.

I could be wrong though, but that's the impression I got from the reading I did.

I would be interested in seeing how it looks when you get them!
To me, the t/t 11`s don`t look as good as the originals. I always wanted to run the orig. on the back, and a pair of launchers on the front, w/ the centers being the same color. Would look very nostalgic . !

I could see that. I'm with you in liking those wheels. I tried seeing if I could get a set in the small bolt pattern. Even contacted American Racing directly and they just don't make them. I will be getting some once I convert to big bolt pattern

-
Back