Wheel/Rim combo FUBAR'ed help?

-

SwingerMan

Reaction score
Man what a frustating few days. I bought a set of Yukon 4 1/2" bolt axles, 73 front disc setup and 11" rear drums to swap onto my 69 Dart. I also bought 15X7 factory steelies and 245/60/15's to run out back after reading a lot of posts here I thought I was good to go. Got one axle installed and went to put the wheel/tire on and it wouldn't go in with the drum installed. Took the drum off and it barely squeezed in there you could barely wedge a sheet of paper between the tire and wheel well....something ain't right. I have about an inch toward the leaf of space so I was thinking the off set of the wheel isn't right. Are all 15x7 steelies the same offset no matter what year or model they came off of? I believe these were off a Ram Charger.

We came up with a back spacing of 4 3/16" on the 15X7 steelie is this correct? Looks like moving the wheel offset approx 3/4" towards the spring will make it work. It will make the total back spacing close to 5" does this sound right?

We were wondering if I might have a b-body 8 3/4 under there but the Yukon axles measure 27 1/2" the same as the factory axles we pulled is that the correct measurement for a-bod axles?

I am hoping a different offset wheel will fix it up any input is much appreciated.

I've got 245/60/15 on sbp rallyes widened to 15x7 with 4.25 backspacing on my 68 Dart

That's the same backspacing on all Mopar 15x7 pre-'88 or so 5x4.5 rims. Cop car, rallyes, dog dish, ramcharger etc..

My dart is very close but doesn't rub on the outside. Just on real aggresive cornering and you can see some marks on mine. But I also need rear springs (car sits real low in back) and I need leaf bushings. But my car has an orginal SBP 8 3/4 rear.

The LBP axles have a thicker flange. Like 1/4" thicker?. But it sounds like you need more room than that.

Does your car have the orginal quarter panels on it?

Has there been any qtr panal repair done back there?

Is your rubbing fitment problem the same on both sides??

I've got 245/60/15 on sbp rallyes widened to 15x7 with 4.25 backspacing on my 68 Dart

That's the same backspacing on all Mopar 15x7 pre-'88 or so 5x4.5 rims. Cop car, rallyes, dog dish, ramcharger etc..

My dart is very close but doesn't rub on the outside. Just on real aggresive cornering and you can see some marks on mine. But I also need rear springs (car sits real low in back) and I need leaf bushings. But my car has an orginal SBP 8 3/4 rear.

The LBP axles have a thicker flange. Like 1/4" thicker?. But it sounds like you need more room than that.

Does your car have the orginal quarter panels on it?

Has there been any qtr panal repair done back there?

Is your rubbing fitment problem the same on both sides??

The car has all the orginal sheet metal and has never had any quarter repair. Not sure if the fitment issue is on both sides only had time to get the one side done I should know tomorrow.
Thanks

-
Back