Wheel Vintiques Problems

-

johns68dart

Longtime Mopar Fan
Reaction score
Some of you may not know that Wheel Vintiques got bought up last year. I ordered a set of SBP Rallye wheels from them eight years ago and they arrived a week early and the quality was second to none. I just took delivery of 2-15X7 and 2-15X6 steel wheels, both SBP, for my 68 Dart project. The quality is still excellent and the powder coating was really, really nice. The problem is it took FIVE weeks to get the wheels. After about 3 weeks, I started calling and there was delay after delay after delay. I finally asked the guy straight up, whats the problem? And he told me, finally, that ever since they got bought up, they have been having problems with production scheduling, etc. I'm not trying to talk bad about them, because their products are really good, but just be prepared to wait a little while for your wheels.

They use a zinc based powder coating and a nearly indestructible zinc primer underneath it. You won't get that stuff off of there even if you want to.

did you order them through Summit? they had my centerlines to me in 3 days

Yea, I bet. Those are Centerlines. That wheel is so popular that Summit probably has a whole building just for Centerlines. Mine were steel reproduction wheels.

Yea, I bet. Those are Centerlines. That wheel is so popular that Summit probably has a whole building just for Centerlines. Mine were steel reproduction wheels.

i wouldnt doubt they have a whole section of building just for centerlines. the repop factory wheels are in demand as well, maybe thats why they dont have any in stock.

We are a dealer for wheel vintiques and I can tell you that 5 weeks is really not bad honestly. Everything for the most part is built to order, unless you want some gm ralleys. The quality is very nice for sure.

And he told me, finally, that ever since they got bought up, they have been having problems with production scheduling, etc.

they are full of crap. i had the same issue in 05 or 06 when i ordered rims from them.

I just went to the McDonnah store and picked up 4 plain steel wheels for my truck in primer. They were Wheel Vintiques and layin on the shelf.

-
Back