Wheels and bumpers opinion wanted

-

dodge71demon

Reaction score
Ok I've been checking into getting my bumpers rechromed and went to a chrome shop this morning and there is no way in hell I'm paying that kind of money to get them rechromed and before you mention AMD they do not make 71 + Dart rear bumpers.
So this is what I'm condisering I'm not a big fan of body color painted bumpers BUT since I'm considering purchasing the wheels pictured that are gunmetal I'm thinking of painting the bumpers the same color as the wheels may look fairly good.Or possibly 17's
What do you think?????????????????

Attachments

• $(KGrHqFHJBEE-byTWv-yBPs7!Ssi6w~~60_35.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 312
I think it would look pretty good. Since the bumpers come off the car, you can always change it if you end up not liking it. I say go for it though.

Xs2. Keep in mind there is more than one chrome shop in the world and prices do vary as does the quality does. I have seen some real nice bumpers come out of shops that charge decent prices. I have seen some crap come out of high priced shops too.

Looks like you have already spent a fortune, whats a little more..... If you do paint them I would go body color JMO.

Looks like you have already spent a fortune, whats a little more..... If you do paint them I would go body color JMO.

Thanks but wrong it may look like it but this is as a low budget project as I can possibly do using parts out of inventory and spending what little money I have where I think it's most needed.Nothing against body color I personally do not care for that.

It hard to tell how it would look. I'm thinking body color would look better. Can't hurt to paint them wheel color if it doesn't look right you can change them to body color or chrome.

I have seen those bumpers exchange for about $250 each rechromed here in California. Bumper Boys I think they ship and have dealers around the US they are not know for being the best but I have bought some and they look good for the short time I had them.

It hard to tell how it would look. I'm thinking body color would look better. Can't hurt to paint them wheel color if it doesn't look right you can change them to body color or chrome.

I have seen those bumpers exchange for about $250 each rechromed here in California. Bumper Boys I think they ship and have dealers around the US they are not know for being the best but I have bought some and they look good for the short time I had them.

Try $395 each from bumper boys + exchange + shipping or swap at a show they may be at.I'm probably a little tight on my budget if I could find them for the $250 range I would jump on them

quoted by one outfit $850 front $1025 rear WOW
By another $500 each + shipping still WOW
Not going to happen at that price

Just my opinion but i say they would look better body color unless you plan on doin some kind of a side stripe or graphic in the same color

Just my opinion but i say they would look better body color unless you plan on doin some kind of a side stripe or graphic in the same color

Looks like I'm getting out voted but we'ill see maybe for trial maybe I'll do one the wheel color and one body color even though it's against my better judgement

There are a ton of shops in so cal but the problem is, most of them are done in Mexico because labor is cheap and it's so expensive to operate a business in cal. Trust me I know. Be careful where you go because I've seen some cheaper places work and it look baaaaad. It's going to be pricey but with the color of your car I think chrome would look the best. The lip of the wheel being chrome or brushed will have a nice contrast with chrome bumpers IMO.

I've never seen this in person but it looks interesting, a chrome alternative that gets sprayed on in several stages. I'd give it a try but don't have a good air compressor or any type of spray equipment.

http://www.pchrome.com/

There's a video on the site showing the process, but you have to get through the first 30 seconds of a cheesy song & dance number.....LOL

You might check with Superior Chrome. I have seen their work in person and found it quite nice. They did everything on a guys 1967 Barracuda and the price was decent. They even redid the emblems and the gas cap but couldn't put the swirl back in the cap.

Family owned and operated company for over 60 years.

http://www.superiorchrome.com/

Sorry man i guess im just living up to my rat rod roots you wont find ANY chrome on ANYTHING i own! just remember the only opinion that matters is yours. unless your married and then its hers lol

Yea there is a paint that's called chromefx but it's super expensive and you need special equiptment.

You might check with Superior Chrome. I have seen their work in person and found it quite nice. They did everything on a guys 1967 Barracuda and the price was decent. They even redid the emblems and the gas cap but couldn't put the swirl back in the cap.

Family owned and operated company for over 60 years.

http://www.superiorchrome.com/

Thanks sent in for quote

I've never seen this in person but it looks interesting, a chrome alternative that gets sprayed on in several stages. I'd give it a try but don't have a good air compressor or any type of spray equipment.

http://www.pchrome.com/

There's a video on the site showing the process, but you have to get through the first 30 seconds of a cheesy song & dance number.....LOL

Thanks but I was looking at this some time ago all conditions have to be perfect to get a good job and $$$$$$$$$$$ not worth it unless your doing plastic.

There are a ton of shops in so cal but the problem is, most of them are done in Mexico because labor is cheap and it's so expensive to operate a business in cal. Trust me I know. Be careful where you go because I've seen some cheaper places work and it look baaaaad. It's going to be pricey but with the color of your car I think chrome would look the best. The lip of the wheel being chrome or brushed will have a nice contrast with chrome bumpers IMO.

Thanks don't get me wrong I would love to have chrome but just can't justify the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

not sure.. would have to see it in person to really decide. i like the wheels though. think a black inside of the wheel would look bad *** on that color car.

not sure.. would have to see it in person to really decide. i like the wheels though. think a black inside of the wheel would look bad *** on that color car.

I'm looking at possible 17's now what size wheels/tires did you have on your yellow Dart and yes that's some of the problem not seeing the wheels in person but the dealer will be at the James Dean ducktail run at the end of the month and I'm trying to work out a deal.

17's would look great...

my wheres are 17x8 with 5.72 backspace. my car does not have stock suspension though.

225/50-17 front
275/50-17 rear

-
Back