wheels tires assistance

-

petespicks

Reaction score
I have a 1973 dart sport and was wondering if a set 15x10 centerlines with 4.5 inch backspacing with mickey Thompson pros 28x11.5 fit I know I will have to lift car a bit but was wondering if tires would rub on springs tks

thanks for asking this question I need to know too do you have a spring relocation kit? I do with caltracs and split monoleaf springs with mini tubs wondering what will fit don't want to highjack your post but that sound about like what I need for the rear on my car

I have a 1973 dart sport and was wondering if a set 15x10 centerlines with 4.5 inch backspacing with mickey Thompson pros 28x11.5 fit I know I will have to lift car a bit but was wondering if tires would rub on springs tks

I'm almost betting they will fit. I have a 74 Sport with 15x10's with 5 1/2 BS.

BUT I also run a B body rear end which is about an 1 3/4 longer on each end.

I'm running centerline 15x12- 7" bs on 315/60/15. (30" tall - 14.25" wide section width) Springs moved inbored , mini tubbed. Had to trim front and back panels and remove wheel well lip. Lowered 2" and tuck quite a bit.
Hope this helps for reference.
71 Plymouth duster

I spent hours measuring over and over again. And the best way is to take all ur measurements a draw it out on paper to a smaller but exact scale. Find out the real section width of that tire mounted on THAT rim width. Measure your distance from you fender (lip) to the closest thing the tire will hit on the inside ( probably your leaf springs if you haven't moved them inboard). Whatever that measurement is your gonna wanna minus a inch for safety. Roll out ect. That will most likely be the widest section width you can go. Once you have that figured out the next step is figuring out the correct backspacing. This is where the drawing can come in handy
The next measurement is gonna be from where the wheel mounts to the hub surface to that closest inner point.
I used to do custom wheels for all types of vehicles
If you can get me these measurements I can do my best and see what's best for you.
You may have done this all already and I'm just babbling on but there's no point wasting money to see if they will fit and you end up SOL.

I just looked and the section width of that tire on a 10" rim is 13.1".(sportsman pro?)
If the wheel has 4.5"bs. That tire will sit inboard from the hub 6-6.5".
The tire will stick out from the hub 7-7.5"

-
Back