When are fuel prices going to start to drop

-

dodge freak

Reaction score
Forever it seemed gas prices were higher in the summer, lower in the winter. Where I live pump premium has been right around $4 a gallon for like 6 months now. Surely I thought after Labor Day prices will go down 20--40 cents, nope. There has been a few days that gas was $3.75 but only a few and then right back up to $4.04 a gallon.

What is going on?

I don't see it going down much or all in the future. In fact I'm thinking prices will double in the next 15 years. That won't help the sales prices of old cars.

Never, most likely. I'm guessing that even if the price of gas comes down, the tax per gallon will go up.

I was close to DC the other day and was wondering why gas is 30 cents cheaper there as opposed to Michigan. :banghead:

As long as government gets their taxes on a percentage basis the chances of them stepping in to do something about the price will never happen. $3.87 for unleaded here.

The Price of gas WILL go down right BEFORE the 2012 election and Obamma will say he did it.... and NOT blame Bush for it. JMO

The Price of gas WILL go down right BEFORE the 2012 election and Obamma will say he did it.... and NOT blame Bush for it. JMO

Yeah we had that happen in 2004 also, then when GWB got re-elected prices went back up.

If the same BS happens again, next year gas is 50--75 cents cheaper I really would be surprised. GWB was good buddies with the oil companies, Obama, well he is letting the oil companies keep their big tax breaks so who knows. He is not so gun ho on oil drilling.

I don't see it going down much or all in the future. In fact I'm thinking prices will double in the next 15 years. That won't help the sales prices of old cars.

I'm thinking within 10 years it double but for right now I was hopping for a bit of a price drop--till next spring.

55 mpg cars will be in the showrooms come 2025, so yeah $10 a gallon fuel prices might really happen

When hell freezes. $1.40 a litre for 94 octane here in chilliwack and probably another 10 cents in vancouver. thats about $6.30+ a gallon.

Attachments

• P7110053.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 199
when the American people stop voting for candidates who are bought and paid for by the big oil company's

I duno but you'd think in a society based on the automobile,when the economy is in trouble that the oil companies would have some common sense. Commom sense being not very common,it may eventually need the govt to step in.

I was close to DC the other day and was wondering why gas is 30 cents cheaper there as opposed to Michigan. :banghead:

and dc has a high gas tax... they say the higher the gas tax the lower the fuel cost...

but its rubbish...

I duno but you'd think in a society based on the automobile,when the economy is in trouble that the oil companies would have some common sense. Commom sense being not very common,it may eventually need the govt to step in.

No they are doing just like the bankers and politicians. They are trying to rape everybody and get their money before the REALLY big crash.

and dc has a high gas tax... they say the higher the gas tax the lower the fuel cost...

but its rubbish...

Actually it was in your state that I saw it, in Winchester. 30 cents cheaper than here. When I said close I was within 100 miles or so of DC. It just amazes me how it can be so different. Even in Michigan, I can drive 50 miles from where I live and it will be as much as 20 cents lower.

Actually it was in your state that I saw it, in Winchester. 30 cents cheaper than here. When I said close I was within 100 miles or so. It just amazes me how it can be so different. Even in Michigan, I can drive 50 miles from where I live and it will be as much as 20 cents lower.

yeah where i live its 3.35 in some spots but when you get 10m out it goes up $0.10.... lol

1.18 per liter here.....and climbing.
That's 4.80 ish for a U.S. gallon regular.
And they make it right here in Alberta too!

There are probably a lot of city, county and state taxes involved, depending where you are at. Go to any of the big truck stop websites and see prices from state to state. http://www.pilotflyingj.com/

I race up & down the east coast and the cheapest gas and diesel are in SC and VA.
GA use to have cheap diesel, but I can get it for less in town here in Daytona Beach, FL now. But SC and VA are still better. I have a 60 gal. aux. tank in my truck to fill up and drive straight through the more expensive states.

The availability of high-mileage cars in new car showrooms will lead to higher gas prices. Wait and see.
Here in SoCal, our local water company was preaching "Save Water - Conserve" for months because of a water shortage. So people did as requested. Now the very same local water company wants to raise rates citing the reason as "reduced profits from a drop in water consumption".
And the consumer is supposed to win how?

-
Back