When are they too far gone?

-

Vic Storm

Reaction score
When do you cry uncle on the rear springs guys? I was going to work on them and after closer inspection they look like they are hurting pretty bad, There are 5 leafs and one of the small ones is broken. Also notice all the clamps on the front of the springs, makes me think theres trouble. I think with the car having air shocks on it already is a sign the springs may have seen better days.
Should I rebuild or just replace? Are 5 leafs stock? What would you guys do? Thanks
Tony

oem rear springs.jpg

oem rear springs #2.jpg

Wouldn't worry about it. Any spring shop worthy of the name is just going to use the old ones for a pattern. That's how it works at WV Spring and Radiator anyway. The clamps on the front segment is pretty much normal if you want any traction on launch. The spring on the left in the picture looks like it has had some work done to it already and yes, 5 leaves were stock with V8s. Local spring shops are much more reasonable than most aftermarket outlets and if there is a problem they are just down the road. Oddly enough, look for one that does a lot of work on big trucks. My $.02.

-
Back