when became the Auto Drag wheels available?

-

Fury

Reaction score
Centerline was founded in 1970 but since when you could buy the auto drag wheel?
Any Old magazines or articles?

For the status "classic car" in Germany I have to prove that the wheels where at the latest 10 years after the car available.

Cheers Julian

Have you tried contacting Centerline directly? I remember that wheel gaining "popularity" in the late 70's early 80's, but when they were actually introduced... I don't know.

1971. I got a Centerline that says "Bias ply tires only"!

"....I went to High Scholl with Eric Lipper. His dad Ray started Centerline in 1970. In 1971 his sister came to school with a Camaro with the first set of centerlines anyone had ever seen. 71 is when they went in production...." Hotroddon, Jalopy Journal.

1971. I got a Centerline that says "Bias ply tires only"!

"....I went to High Scholl with Eric Lipper. His dad Ray started Centerline in 1970. In 1971 his sister came to school with a Camaro with the first set of centerlines anyone had ever seen. 71 is when they went in production...." Hotroddon, Jalopy Journal.

Man I bet that was somethin to see!

I know the Cragar super tricks came out in 71.
They were the same style but used bolts to hold the wheel halves together. (Centerline uses rivits)
I thought the centerlines were a bit later.

Bringing up this thread again. Has someone an Old magazine article or advertising?
Like this:
PRESS
Have to prove that the wheels were available before 1975!
Thank you
Regard from Germany

Sorry I don't have an article to help you, but will say CenterLine wheels are the best wheel made! for the money..

Just a thought if you can't find an ad for Centerline in the years your looking for how about looking at old drag racing photos for those years and find a car running them in let's say 71-74 would that work for the government at large

Yeah that would be helpful. Does someone have pics like that?

Here's one from 1978 in CAR CRAFT Magazine.
$T2eC16RHJHQE9nzEzMOMBRFb7mKZ(Q~~60_57.JPG

I just looked over an old April 1975 car craft magazine I still have. Cragars, Ansens, Keystone and Appliance were advertised ,no Centerline Ad.
It is easy to differentiate the centerline from the Cragar by the rivit / bolt count in most old pictures.
Cragar used 15 fasteners. Cragars blue logo center cap on the front wheels was a dead give away also.
Centerline cap logo was black.

thank you for the article cuda :thumbsup: mine is now july 71 :rofl:

-
Back