when is a opinion a hate crime

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

DUSTERDOWNS

Reaction score
Seems lately I have noticed that if everyone doesn't agree on a subject the one that thinks different is called a hater. Wasn't this country set up because some didn't agree with others. And if everyone liked the same thing some of us would be driving chevy's or rice burners. I made a comment earlier today just wondering if one of us died would some one have a tribute for us. At that piont I was jumped on like a redheaded stepchild. well I am at the piont that if I can not speak my mind and not harm anyone doing so I feel I am in the wrong Forum. I don't know if the younger generation is getting thin skin or I am just getting too old to give a damn if my opinion is agreeded with or not. Ladies and GENTS I am just going to step out of this rodeo for awhile and let you all have it. I do not get on site to argue and refuse to feed into one.

Yep,
a lot of people seem to think think the 1st amendment only applies to them.
I generally keep my pie hole shut and don't comment on the "I love ?????" threads.
But since this isn't a thread praising the guy,
I hate to hear the guy is dead, but I'm also sick of hearing about it.
I didn't care for his movies, they weren't believable, and I thought they were stupid.
BTW, I don't care that Nelson Mandela is dead either. The man was 95 and he never did a thing for the U.S.
so having said that,
lets see who follows their own advice.

For what it is worth I frequent alot of different forums lately. Used to spend all my time here but the place is not what it once was. Anyhow, pretty much the only place I see the attitude that you speak of is here. I spend some time on a few different auto related sites and very rarely do I see someone getting "attacked" like you do here for having a difference of opinion. Lately I do my best to avoid threads that are of an opinion nature....for the very reason you speak of.....having a different opinion is asking for trouble around here. Hell, that is more or less why I am no longer a Moderator here anymore....how dare me think differently than the rest...

That,s the problem with some of the people on this site,NOT all of them but some.So you have a different opinion on some topic,I think that,s great to not be like all the rest of the sheep on this forum.If a person get,s there titty,s all bent out of shape because you don,t think the way they do,F%#* them,they are not worth a rat Sh*%, if you can,t hear what another person says and freak out about it.You can agree to disagree on that topic,but still listen to there view point,as long as the other person has enough brains to listen to yours. I agree that if very one was the same ,it,s a boring world,as by being different is what has made(NORTH AMERICA) better is some respects than other nations.We will get all types of people saying this and that,as long as they are polite and don,t go over the edge,but some will go over the edge,these are the NUT cases to avoid,and they will come.In my world I don,t want *** kissers,I want open minded and different thinking people around me to make me see things from many angles of life,and view points and take the best of every thing,that I think is good and use it.There are many here that will always be sheep,and will never want to be shepards,if that,s what they want,great,but I would stay and not let *** holes here that jump on you cause you to react in a bad way,as you let them win,and that is not a good thing.If any one here agree,s post it,and if any one disagree,s post it too,and we will see if the forum people agree with your thinking,mrmopartech

I thought I was the only one here with a thick skin and no hippie feelings for everything and everyone. Seems to me that everyone is a liberal until they are the one whose toes get stepped on. By the way, Mandela was a major commie, and his wife winnie ran the most notorious , murderous gang while he was in prison. They invented the "soweto necklace", where a gas filled tire was placed around the victims neck and lit on fire, usually in a public place as a message.

I was being very kind to Mandela.
There was a reason he and the Mrs divorced.
There are others I could comment on, but chose not to.

I hear you. I get it all the time as I do not subscribe to "progressive" thinking so I am always a redneck, racist hater. Well F 'em. I have my own opinions, I am entitled to them and if you don't like it, pound salt for all I care.

Global warming is a crock.
Obama is a commie/muslim.
Islam needs to be taught a major lesson.
Tar sands rock!!

Deal with it!!

Guess I will get kicked off here for awhile but it is great to see there are still some guys with BALLS that agree with a old hippie rebel. I guess I am so afraid of stepping on toes I let these pencil neck queeks get to me. Now I know why I have a 1/2 mile driveway--leaves lots of room for targets. I had a guy tell me one time he bet I had very few friends, I replied I had 6 all it took to carry a casket if one died before me we just add a wheel because that friend can not be replaced. All my friends I have had for over 30 years the newer folks I just know. Thank some of you for understanding my opinion to those that don't may you soon learn I DO NOT CARE!

I have no problem with your opinion,in fact I totally agree with you.I am pissed because on D day most of our country speaks of Mandela -a communist and Obama a Marxist and our hero's that have given their lives for our country in my opinion have been trampled on!!! Take your hero's back to Kenya and live with the rest of your communists leave our country ALONE!!!!!!

I hear you. I get it all the time as I do not subscribe to "progressive" thinking so I am always a redneck, racist hater. Well F 'em. I have my own opinions, I am entitled to them and if you don't like it, pound salt for all I care.

Tar sands rock!!

Deal with it!!
Well said, sir! :cheers:

Because you dont grieve and share the same "popular" opinion that some Hollyweird freak died?? I couldnt believe the "love in" for that guy

Tar sands rock!!

Deal with it!!
Yup!

Attachments

• 3Ge3Mc3s25Gf5E45qad6j008a9c8c0d61161f.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 384
pretty much the only place I see the attitude that you speak of is here.

Doug I don't see how you can possibly make that statement. Cars, Photography, amateur radio, guns, matters not, unless you are on a "dedicated" Demo or Repub forum, you'll see haters, opinionated, narrow minded-ness. I'm sure some think I am about some things.

I don't believe, generally, that this site is worse than anywhere else, and in some ways is better. At least this joint has a separate politics forum..........which I stay the 'ell out of

Doug I don't see how you can possibly make that statement. Cars, Photography, amateur radio, guns, matters not, unless you are on a "dedicated" Demo or Repub forum, you'll see haters, opinionated, narrow minded-ness. I'm sure some think I am about some things.

I don't believe, generally, that this site is worse than anywhere else, and in some ways is better. At least this joint has a separate politics forum..........which I stay the 'ell out of

THIS is exactly what I am talking about, I speak my opinion and SOMEONE has to question it....

Believe what you want, everyone is entitled to there opinion and unlike some I will not question yours......usually,.....

Thanks for helping me prove my point.....

Thought about this while I was in the shower...perhaps my original wording was a bit off.....Perhaps I should have said in my experience while on other forums I personally have not seen some of the crap that goes on here on FABO....
That being said, perhaps my Dads common denominator theory was correct. Keep in mind he told me this long before the internet was around..I will just "adjust" it to fit...and this is not meant as a slam on any one in particular.....I go to other forums and I don't have any issues with anyone on there. If person x, who happens to bump heads with folks here goes to another site and continues to bump heads with folks on this other site than perhaps the real problem is not the "others" on the forum but person x.....

It would be great if everyone would lighten up around here.

I agree David, but what everyone needs to understand is when you have 30,000 plus people in a room, not all opinions are the same, and not everyone will get along, it's just the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back