Where Are All The Pre 2010 Members

-
Just curious, do you have your car built? People are pretty active when they are building a car.
One built, one just hit the paint booth, got 4 engines in my shop to build, just finished a cage and turbo kit on a 67 buick, building a TH400, need to freshen my 727... very busy. Don’t post much. More activity on Facebook with the group I race with.

I probably post to often but I’m trying to keep things aimed towards tech but also keeping it on the lite side too. Not everyone is interested in racing, engine building, head porting, etc. there are areas on here that I’ve never been to. For example I like to paint and do some bodywork and even took 36 weeks of night school but I really don’t want to read about it. So if you don’t want it to die please post up about YOUR interests. Many guys will just jump into someone else’s posts about a non topic instead of starting their own post.

Last edited:
One built, one just hit the paint booth, got 4 engines in my shop to build, just finished a cage and turbo kit on a 67 buick, building a TH400, need to freshen my 727... very busy. Don’t post much. More activity on Facebook with the group I race with.
Wow, you are busy!

Traffic on these web boards seems to be dying. I remember the height of it in the early 2000s with Yellowbullet and other web boards. B bodies site seems to be dwindling. I think I joined this one later but don’t post much.

facebook has killed a lot of them. places like moparts have been killed by over moderation.. they drove a ton of knowlege away over the years.

06. Was a lurker for about a year.
Had no idea this place started in 04.

I keep hovering but don't see what number I am.

when you hover you need to look in the very bottom left of the screen. its part of the address that pops up.

IMG_20240107_103243.jpg

Jack,
I don't believe it for one second, you are not old enough to be his proud mama.

Jack
I have t-shirts older than he is but will still toss out a big Dating Game Kiss for that!

I'll just stick with one of my dad's sayings:
I'm old enough to know better but still too young to resist.

Jack,

I have t-shirts older than he is but will still toss out a big Dating Game Kiss for that!

I'll just stick with one of my dad's sayings:
I'm old enough to know better but still too young to resist.
:rofl: :rofl:

I see the early members are numbered when you hover over their name. Not so with the later members.

I just missed 2010 but I can say this site and the car hobby has really changed from the 2010/2011 era. I found this site because I had just bought a 69 dart and I was looking for parts.

Before finding this site, I bought a lot from ebay because back then there was no shortage of good deals to be had on ebay. I have not been on ebay for a few years now.

sup, does lurking count? I did quite a bit of that before actually making an account. I actually was on the early a forum for a couple years before I realized this place was waaaaay more active.

Seems like a lot of the old threads before 2018 are disappearing.

I started a thread about the 1974 shock absorbing bumpers and that thread is GONE, I tried to find it the other day for reference.

I need to start taking better notes because you can't count on stuff being on the internet years from now.

Seems like a lot of the old threads before 2018 are disappearing.

I started a thread about the 1974 shock absorbing bumpers and that thread is GONE, I tried to find it the other day for reference.

I need to start taking better notes because you can't count on stuff being on the internet years from now.
Yeah I guess they caint hang onto everything. Even the biggest servers have limitations.

-
Back