Not open for further replies.

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Contact seller
I was looking at pics of 273's, and this pic is of a 64 273 commando. Dads is a 67. If you take a look at the pass side vc, you will see the pcv valve threads into a round chrome piece. Anyone know where I can get this from, and is it correct for dads car?? BTW I checked Year One and I didnt see one.

Thanks
4spdragtop

Attachments

• 1964-barracuda-273-engine.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 263
I'll check for you. They were also used on the 426 Hemi's so they're quite expensive.

Thanks for the link Mike! Go figure, dad just bought the pcv valve yesterday....and then found another one with some loose parts....Im hoping to find one without the pcv valve...dont need 3 of them LOL

Thanks!!

The Commando valve covers are different. The earlier covers like the 64 pictured used that chrome cap with the valve poked in the top. That might be because those covers dont have a baffle inside. I'm not sure about that. anyway... The 67 covers do have a baffle and used the same rubber PVC grommet as the standard valve covers. Finding that rubber grommet isn't easy either. My local part stores didn't have it.

From a 67 Barracuda. Oh ya, your dads.:blob:

Attachments

• 011.jpg-1.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 212
From a 67 Barracuda. Oh ya, your dads.:blob:

Hey funny guy how ya been?? LOL Dad is dying to get this thing running! Yours out yet??

Red if you look at the pic that Jaws posted, that is dads car. It has commando covers, but look at the pass side vc, it doesnt have/or is missing the round chrome piece the pcv hooks into.

Thanks, we will keep looking

Red if you look at the pic that Jaws posted, that is dads car. It has commando covers, but look at the pass side vc, it doesnt have/or is missing the round chrome piece the pcv hooks into.

Thanks, we will keep looking

I looked at that pic but still dont know what it is you think you're missing.
If you have a correct 67 Commando valve cover it has a hose bracket on the outer side and a common hole for a pvc grommet.

Steve...'67 didn't use the chrome cap...'65 and '66 did. If you have gennie '67 covers, they use a rubber grommet...2bbl covers use the same grommet.

Top to bottom pics...'65 - '66 - '67.

Attachments

• 65CommandoCovers.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 168
  • 66 Covers.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 67CommandoCovers4.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 168
Steve, mine is coming out soon. I lust looked at the original pic of you dads motor, you have the correct valve covers for 67. Dave

I can email you the Hi def, pic if it will help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back