Where do I look now

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't post every month about it, thanks for your help
But Dan, lets be fair. You have had several threads on this topic. I PERSONALLY have listed many in these threads that fit your bill, but you don't act. Now on the first page of this thread, I posted not one but TWO nice A-bodies that fit your description and your price. Have you called yet ??? Have you??? That Dart owned by the older couple would drive right to your house. Jump on it Man !!!! NOW!! Not tomorrow, get on the phone!! Are you dialing yet?? LOL trying to help.... :D

case in point: every time he pops up like a jack in the box with the woe is me i can't find any mopars that aren't junk the collective here rallies and gives thoughtful, constructive and pointed advice. many even link to possible cars. many more share their tips, tricks and secrets to finding and making deals happen.

all of which he responds to with clipped answers in the tone of an indignant child, says we're rich and we don't understand (and then tells us about his custom 200K home that's paid off), we're spoiled because we already have cars, we're privileged because of where we live has more/cheaper/rust free cars.

dan, i've told you this before but it bears repeating: you have to do the work. you have to put in the time. you'll have to spend some money (travel, 3rd party inspection, etc). but most of all, you will have to learn that there needs to be compromise.

to make this long winded nonsense, even more long windeded.... here's a quick tale. a few months ago when DTM was on about his "i don't like the headliner on that perfectly fine car and my wife doesn't like me spending money on green cars" bullshittery, i posted up a link to a 71 dart 2dr.

it was a bread and butter 318 2V, 904, PS/PB/AC bench, vinyl top. top had been redone, it was a gross pukey green/gold that only a mother could love, had a repaint as some point but was professionally done and still very decent. interior presented nice, it needed a dash pad and a carpet (purple haze!). naturally it needed dumb easy stuff like tail light lenses and one of the bumpers could use a rechrome. but other than that a solid rust free car.

most importantly, it ticked all the boxes. dan's gripe? it was too far away and days off work, a flight and a hotel stay(s) and gas to get it back was all too expensive.

now, here's the turn of the worm. i was BS'ing with a client and he mentioned he was casually looking for an a-body just to have something fun. he's not particularly choosy, but solid body, decent paint and interior is his jam. boy howdy do i have something for you! we hammered out the details, i flew up to SF area inspected the car and made the deal then drove it back to LA. i put a tune up on it, did a safety and fixed a few minor details while getting it road trip ready, knocked a new set of tires on it. client flew into LA, picked up the car and drove it back to his place in Illinois.

he'll be cruising this all summer, and get this, the all in on it-- from purchase price, my part in it, to his expense of travel there and back-- was still less than 20K

the stuff is out there. it just takes a little imagination, some work and a little hustle.

Irony is their is a car right in his neighborhood. behind a garage door that`s never opened that you drive by every day for years, then one day you see it opened and recognize the car, the car you always wanted or have been looking for, but "the man" keeps driving cause he`s worried how they would react with a stranger pulling up in their driveway:elmer: :lol:

QUOTE="H22A4, post: 1974366113, member: 3169"]
Has he ever indicated what his budget is? Is it a Mustang/Camaro budget on Mopar desires?

None of us have magic internet connections. Facebook, craigslists and other online places have pulled up some possible cars in a few minutes.

If he truly put the effort (time and money) into finding a car he would have one by now. He is still in dream mode.
[/QUOTE]
25k budget. I've seen plenty of cars that were not what they said they were

QUOTE="H22A4, post: 1974366113, member: 3169"]
Has he ever indicated what his budget is? Is it a Mustang/Camaro budget on Mopar desires?

None of us have magic internet connections. Facebook, craigslists and other online places have pulled up some possible cars in a few minutes.

If he truly put the effort (time and money) into finding a car he would have one by now. He is still in dream mode.
25k budget. I've seen plenty of cars that were not what they said they were
[/QUOTE]
This one Dan... this one! 10k UNDER budget !!! Call... NOW !!! Own it !!!!
1688335459930.png

I think Dan is a Troll. He is fuckin with you guys.......again.

I am really impressed with how hard line Ya'll can be on certain political subjects but you let this guy lead you around by the nose. (There is one for the "phrases that aren't used anymore" thread)

Now Dan, before you give me some apologetic, head hung response, (so good at those man, Jesus) just know that I am jealous that you have 100X the content on this forum than me with 1/8 the effort. You are much more interesting than I. Also much more of a fuckin head case.

I feel for the man that gives you the lead to a hot rod that breaks on you. Poor fuckin Bastard will have to come fix it for you.

He probably has a 9 sec foxbody.

This one Dan... this one! 10k UNDER budget !!! Call... NOW !!! Own it !!!!
.... you yell into the ether only to be answered back:

... it doens't have matching tires in the back... that orange isn't factory... and i don't like black out hoods... and it's sunday after 1 so it's cutting into my television time-- those reruns of wheel of fortune aren't gonna watch themselves, ya know; and it's pat's last year man! i gotta watch all of his final episodes, and those rally wheels don't have the dark argent centers which is the ones i want... and there's no passenger's side mirror...

.... you yell into the ether only to be answered back:

... it doens't have matching tires in the back... that orange isn't factory... and i don't like black out hoods... and it's sunday after 1 so it's cutting into my television time-- those reruns of wheel of fortune aren't gonna watch themselves, ya know; and it's pat's last year man! i gotta watch all of his final episodes, and those rally wheels don't have the dark argent centers which is the ones i want... and there's no passenger's side mirror...
I'm just having fun with Dan at this point :) Dan is probably a good guy that may never buy a car. I accept that.

I'm just having fun with Dan at this point :) Dan is probably a good guy that may never buy a car. I accept that.
same, same. there's no malice from me just more like irritation or slight frustration because people like him perpetuate the whole woe is me, there's no good cars out there and only rich AF people get stuff they can afford at mecum.

dan's just an indecisive ding-dong that has wildly out of whack expectations about cars and, really it seems like just about everything else, too.

It's sad that if a decent
I think Dan is a Troll. He is fuckin with you guys.......again.

I am really impressed with how hard line Ya'll can be on certain political subjects but you let this guy lead you around by the nose. (There is one for the "phrases that aren't used anymore" thread)

Now Dan, before you give me some apologetic, head hung response, (so good at those man, Jesus) just know that I am jealous that you have 100X the content on this forum than me with 1/8 the effort. You are much more interesting than I. Also much more of a fuckin head case.

I feel for the man that gives you the lead to a hot rod that breaks on you. Poor fuckin Bastard will have to come fix it for you.

He probably has a 9 sec foxbody.
Your not only a troll but a clown as well

Dan, search "1980's Tribute Plymouth Duster" on Youtube. The Duster is Red. Amazing California Car, and it looks better now! Now has black steelies with BFG white raised letter tires. If you really want a beautiful A-Body? Not cheap though.

You don't have a clue, but that's okay.
[/QUOTE]

Buy this clue then.

1688345562757.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back