where do you get nitrous?

-

cpthowdy1369

Reaction score
hey guys, i was just wondering.........is there really nitrous oxide in those bottles that go in the little mosquito cars or is it some other gas? bigger hamster maybe? if it is nitrous oxide, where do you go to get the bottle filled? i've never seen the laughing gas counter at wal-mart.

my local performance transmission place deals nitrous.i believe through the same companies that deal in refilling the bottles for your torch units the way it looked by the delivery truck.

Just so you don't get the wrong idea, I'm pretty sure the nitrous your welding supply guys sell isn't as pure as the stuff your dentist uses. :toothy7:

Ask around. Here it goes for around $4.00 a pound or $40 for a 10 pound bottle. Automotive nitrous has sulfur in it so people won't use it as a drug. The dentist gets the pure stuff.

You should be able to get it at any track or speed shop. Both carry it here.

[QUOTE='64 Cuda]Just so you don't get the wrong idea, I'm pretty sure the nitrous your welding supply guys sell isn't as pure as the stuff your dentist uses. :toothy7:[/QUOTE]

The only difference between the industrial and medical NO2 is that the medical is sanitized and the industrial is not. I have used both and saw no difference in power.

Chuck

dusterdon said:
Ask around. Here it goes for around $4.00 a pound or $40 for a 10 pound bottle. Automotive nitrous has sulfur in it so people won't use it as a drug. The dentist gets the pure stuff.
What he said. I sell it, we get about 4 bucks a pound. I think the only difference is the sulfur and medical nitrous is probably a lot cleaner.

-
Back