Where from do I buy interior?? Dart GT -69

-

kma

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello every(A)body

I´m Magnus and comes from Sweden. I´m going to buy my first american car today :cheers: which I´ve been waiting and longing for for a loooong time.
I need carpet , headliner ,back seat and bucket seat upholstery.

Where from is the best place to buy theese things??

best regards
/Magnus

You can get quality molded carpet and the headliner from other vendors and save a few coins. Multiple shipping charges could deplete the savings though.
I wont suggest buying seat skins from any other than Legendary Interiors.

I bought my 69 Dart interior, made by legendary interiors from Dant e's mopar parts. Got a much better price.

I just purchased my complete interior kit from Dante's Mopar Parts. If you are in the market right now you can get some of the same show savings for the upcoming Chrysler Carlisle.

Legendary Interiors is the largest manufacturer of Mopar interior on the planet. Just ordered a headliner for my '72. Color is perfect, fit is perfect, enough said, Tom

By the way. My bucket seats are all vinyl.

Heres Legendarys description:
This Legendary product features as-original heat sealed
Dakota grain inserts with Dakota grain skirts.

What is grain inserts and skirts?
Dakota is a different colour of something but as I can see everything is black on my seats.
Bild001-1.jpg

Bild002-1.jpg

Here comes some more. I know I´m missing my A-pillar post moldings but should there be more moldings. I also miss my metalbows to the headliner.
For example, over the sun visors?
Bild004.jpg

or here?
Bild003.jpg

Another vote for Legendary. Here are my seat covers and door panels that I got from them. If you find a dealer who sells Legendary products, you can buy them cheaper than buying them direct from the manufacturer. Legendary is "legendary" for killing you on shipping and sticking with their suggested retail price. A smaller dealer may be more willing to work with you on pricing and shipping when you place a big order. The guy I used is no longer a dealer. Sorry.

IMG_6706.jpg

The inserts are the part that is ripped on yours, and the skirts are the vertical pieces that you don't sit on. Looks like you are going to need to buy some used headliner bows. I would place an ad here in the Parts Wanted section.

Ok , so now I know what inserts and skirts are. Thank you.
But its Dakota grain that disturbs me. Its another colour as I understand? Fabric on inserts and skirts? I know its not your job to know but I have no clue. Maybe best to ask Legendary.
Regarding the missing parts I will make a wanted ad if I cant find them here in Sweden.

Legendary Auto Interiors, Ltd.
121 West Shore Blvd.
Newark, NY 14513
Toll Free Phone: (800) 363-8804
Local Phone: (315) 331-1212
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 8am-6pm
Fax: (800) 732-8874

http://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/

This would be the worst place to buy most of what you want , there;s an outfit that supplies all the retailers with molded carpet including Legendary for a fraction of the cost ,I believe they are called ACC or something like that I don't have their invoice handy , molded seat bolsters { foams } can be had from PG Classics along with many of the panel pieces like seat backs , there is some debate over the seat covers themselves , PG Classics makes very accurate reproductions of the OE stock and my upholstery guy said they fit better than any of the Legendary stuff he's worked with but if you are a big guy like me and plan to drive the car a lot ie 15,000 km a year I found in my case the stitching has started to stretch in a couple of spots after 5 years so that might be an issue if like me you are over 225lbs otherwise I wouldn't hesitate to order the seat covers as well , but hey if you like paying through the butt call Legendary .

Ok , so now I know what inserts and skirts are. Thank you.
But its Dakota grain that disturbs me. Its another colour as I understand?

That is the grain that is imprinted into the vinyl. It's not a color. If you look at my picture above, you can see that the insert has a grain or pattern pressed into it, where the sides or skirt is a smooth vinyl.

That is the grain that is imprinted into the vinyl. It's not a color. If you look at my picture above, you can see that the insert has a grain or pattern pressed into it, where the sides or skirt is a smooth vinyl.

Ok! I´m back on track. Thanks for explaining.

This would be the worst place to buy most of what you want , there;s an outfit that supplies all the retailers with molded carpet including Legendary for a fraction of the cost ,I believe they are called ACC or something like that I don't have their invoice handy , molded seat bolsters { foams } can be had from PG Classics along with many of the panel pieces like seat backs , there is some debate over the seat covers themselves , PG Classics makes very accurate reproductions of the OE stock and my upholstery guy said they fit better than any of the Legendary stuff he's worked with but if you are a big guy like me and plan to drive the car a lot ie 15,000 km a year I found in my case the stitching has started to stretch in a couple of spots after 5 years so that might be an issue if like me you are over 225lbs otherwise I wouldn't hesitate to order the seat covers as well , but hey if you like paying through the butt call Legendary .

??

https://www.google.se/url?sa=t&rct=...7oDgDQ&usg=AFQjCNESNL2koiu5p4e4qkxAACvtQ0rOdw

Wonder if it´s the same with upholstery?? Besides you are the first one to recommend PG Classics.

Ok! I´m back on track. Thanks for explaining.

??

https://www.google.se/url?sa=t&rct=...7oDgDQ&usg=AFQjCNESNL2koiu5p4e4qkxAACvtQ0rOdw

Wonder if it´s the same with upholstery?? Besides you are the first one to recommend PG Classics.
I'm not American so I don't get hung up on the buy American, hate the Chinese thing , the carpet I would buy from the states , but thats because the place I am recommending for that { they can be found by searching the FABO threads } is the actual carpet mill that supplies all the re-sellers including Legendary . Hey I don't own stock in PG so spend your money where you want , I'm just passing on what I've found and I trust the word of my upholstery guy who when he's not doing custom show cars he's customizing multi-million dollar private jets over the opinion of the average do-it-yourselfer , like I said it's your dime spend it how you want .

PS don't be too surprised when you learn 90% or more of all re-popped parts come from the same factory in China no matter who you order them from .here's some pics of my car ,it's dirty but in the back seat the seatback is original and the bench is PG , you tell the difference .

Attachments

• IMG013.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG014.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG018.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 227
-
Back