Where to buy lower radiator hose with spring?

-

Shadow

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get the lower
radiator hose with the spring. Everything
I find has no spring.

Wind one up. Can't be that hard. I don't know, anymore, where you get "piano wire" but hey, we got's the whole darn internet...............

Something that might work is the small stainless whips used on thousands of two-way and CB radios. Places like service shops sell replacement whips, because when you set one up, you choose the loading coil, and trim the antenna whip. Heck, Radio Shack might even...............

I don't know what diameter.........

http://www.walcottcb.com/300122-littlewil-replacement-whip-p-1798.html?cPath=377_352_504

The universal hose they sale at napa, advanced , oreilys , has the springs

Actually if the radiator is not plugged you should not need one.......................

The lower hose will probably need one unless you drive it without revving it. You can re-use the one that the old hose had - or have the guy pull one from another hose for you...

The spring in my 2000 Dakota rusted out and I've flushed it dozens of times and still not clear :(

Just sayin'

Wrap a stainless welding wire around a correct diameter pipe. Worked for me and it will never corrode . Use a clamp to hold one end on the pipe while you pull and wrap the wire tight. Usually use a pipe a lot smaller because the wire will expand.

I bought a flex hose recently (from Summit). It was Good Year brand. Had a spring.

-
Back