Where to go next?

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
I have been getting in the habit of driving the Dart to a different destination each weekend.
One day (doesn’t matter which) and take off for the day.

Possible destinations are getting shorter these days since I have been to most of them within 200 miles.
Kind of thinking ghost towns as potential drives, as there are quite a few in AZ.
Won’t do dirt roads though.

Been to the beach a few times, Santa Barbara, Morro Bay, and most of the smaller ones in between.
I wouldn’t consider Pismo Beach small, but it’s in between.

Been to Lake Powell and the Grand Canyon, the crater and Montezuma’s Well.

Maybe Ecuador. :D
That’s probably where the Aliens are going to land first.

IMG_5392.jpeg

Go a little further north up highway 1 to Big Sur if you haven’t been.

I always find life is a lot more interesting when you are on a mission.

Whatever it may be...

Your last big mission was doing that aftermarket AC conversion on one of your vehicles.

No easy task, and now you have successfully climbed that mountain.

Time to throttle back, recharge and unwind.

The next "Mission" will be presenting itself soon enough, and you will be ready.

Screenshot_20240516-072622_Gallery.jpg

☆☆☆☆☆

5 hours from Phoenix.

Head west on I-8, exit north at Ocotillo, CA and head up to Julian, CA for gold panning and fresh apples. Then head back to I-8 via Hwy 79 through Lake Cuyamaca and down to Pine Valley, CA.
Plenty of Air BnB or traditional BnB’s in Julian/Cuyamaca/Pine Valley.
San Diego downtown is 1 hour west of Pine Valley and PHX is 5 hours.
This is a stunning loop when the desert is in bloom! I’ve lived at the beach and in the mountains in San Diego and the desert mountains are so much better than all the people filled coastline.

Visit Julian California - The Definitive Julian Resource

California State Parks

IMG_8735.jpeg
IMG_8734.jpeg
IMG_2138.jpeg
IMG_0477.jpeg

Second to last pic is a picture of my house (it’s in there). Last pic is the entrance to the road to the house / fire station compound. All the Ferrari clubs and sport bikers in San Diego love the mountain roads.

I have the most fun when i drive without a destination.

5 hours from Phoenix.

Head west on I-8, exit north at Ocotillo, CA and head up to Julian, CA for gold panning and fresh apples. Then head back to I-8 via Hwy 79 through Lake Cuyamaca and down to Pine Valley, CA.
This is a stunning loop when the desert is in bloom! I’ve lived at the beach and in the mountains in San Diego and the desert mountains are so much better than all the people filled coastline.

California State Parks

View attachment 1716250496View attachment 1716250497View attachment 1716250499View attachment 1716250500

Second to last pic is a picture of my house (it’s in there). Last pic is the entrance to the road to the house / fire station compound. All the Ferrari clubs and sport bikers in San Diego love the mountain roads.

Looks nice.
Thank you.

I always find life is a lot more interesting when you are on a mission.

Whatever it may be...

Your last big mission was doing that aftermarket AC conversion on one of your vehicles.

No easy task, and now you have successfully climbed that mountain.

Time to throttle back, recharge and unwind.

The next "Mission" will be presenting itself soon enough, and you will be ready.

View attachment 1716250460

☆☆☆☆☆

Thanks for the encouragement.
My Brother and an extended family member are going on a five day ride up north on their bikes.
The Wife suggested I follow along in my car.

Nah, that’s ok.

Didja put the paddles on the Dart while in Pismo for big fun? :lol: View attachment 1716250428

Man I did so much riding on that beach and in the dunes.
I did the last half of my senior year of high school in Arroyo Grande, but lived in Shell Beach because my Dad got transferred from Susanville CA. to the Mens Colony in SLO.
We lived about 80 miles north of Tahoe in the mountains up till then.

I was on my way to school one morning flying down the beach on my bike doing about 45-50 and didn’t see a step up in the sand where the creek runs until it was too late.
Man I went flying.
I had a full face helmet on and when I came to a stop the face opening of my helmet was packed with so much wet sand I couldn’t see or breathe.
Couldn’t get the helmet off because of it either.
Obviously finally did, but whoa.

Man I did so much riding on that beach and in the dunes.
I did the last half of my senior year of high school in Arroyo Grande, but lived in Shell Beach because my Dad got transferred from Susanville CA. to the Mens Colony in SLO.
We lived about 80 miles north of Tahoe in the mountains up till then.

I was on my way to school one morning flying down the beach on my bike doing about 45-50 and didn’t see a step up in the sand where the creek runs until it was too late.
Man I went flying.
I had a full face helmet on and when I came to a stop the face opening of my helmet was packed with so much wet sand I couldn’t see or breathe.
Couldn’t get the helmet off because of it either.
Obviously finally did, but whoa.
I was fortunate enough to be on the beach for the very last 3 day weekend the entire beach was open for camping. Campers and trailers all the way to Guadalupe. Using the Porta-potties was a challenge :lol: the kids on their 3-wheelers were having great fun racing around them, whether they were occupied or not :lol: . Watching the motorhomes get pulled on the beach by their paddle tired buggies was amusing, glad I didn't have to shovel all that sand off the roof :lol:. That creek crossing was always amusing too. Watching the tow trucks tear up the beach ramp on purpose to increase their income :wtf:. CHP cruising the beach writing tickets :lol:

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ went to 6th Grade Camp at Camp Cuyamaca :lol:
5 hours from Phoenix.

California State Parks

View attachment 1716250496View attachment 1716250497View attachment 1716250499View attachment 1716250500

yesterday you were bored, today you are looking for destinations, maybe it is time to make a few "longer then day" trips

go see the grand canyon and camp out along the way

once you get bored of that, go see mount rushmore and camp along the way

once you get bored of that, go see the Niagara falls and camp along the way

-
Back