Where's the Wow?

-
Ha, good luck. Yes FABO is awesome! Hope to get to Mopars in the Park this year.

Ron White says "git er a damond, that'll shut er up!"

Just wanted to update this thread to help anyone and the future and so everyone who helped me would know.
I am using a thernoquad manifold and Edelbrock 600, needed adapter so I used Edelbrock adapter plate 2696, seemed like engine was strangled so put an open plate adapter. Found what felt like 50hp!
DO NOT use one of these.

20170501_152732.jpg

that stuff is fun to find, for sure. i'd give your 360 more than 600, but that's me personally, especially on a dual plane

That plate looks like what I'm using except mine is 3/4" thick. I do have a 750 to put on but I'm chasing a transmission problem first.

Those adapters are garbage, run the carb style that matches the intake or else get a different carb, or intake lol. My buddy had a '73 B200 van with a 360 4-bbl, previous owner threw a 1406 Edelbrock on there with an adapter for it to fit the factory TQ iron intake and it ran OK. We swapped on a Performer intake with the dual square/spread bore pattern which matched up to the carb perfectly, added a 1" plastic 4-hole spacer to help with heat insulation and boost torque and response a bit... Ran much better overall.

Just for your perusal;
On my 367-manual trans,
I have run a small TQ,an AVS off a 340, A Holley600Vs, and a Holley 750DP.
I will never run a Vs again,except a TQ.
I will never run less than a 750 again.
TQs sound awesome on stock 360s, but loose all their awesomeness when totally overpowered by the sound of screaming tires , and full-length dual 3" pipes. Add to that, the gleeful cackling of a 50something old man, who also cannot stop smiling, and the poor old TQ just cannot compete.
But,if I reinstall the factory air cleaner house,and put it into a waaay too-high gear, and then just roll into the secondaries, there's the moan!
I love that TQ moan.
So,here's what I did; I installed a GVOD, and 2.76s. Then it just moaned all the time,lol. 'Course I installed a low-compression,underpowered, puny little 318, too. So maybe that's not the best example,lol. But, it was a great winter, loving that TQ moan!

Just wanted to update this thread to help anyone and the future and so everyone who helped me would know.
I am using a thernoquad manifold and Edelbrock 600, needed adapter so I used Edelbrock adapter plate 2696, seemed like engine was strangled so put an open plate adapter. Found what felt like 50hp!
DO NOT use one of these.

Were you feeling this 'strangling' at the higher RPM's or all through the RPM range?

-
Back